Author Topic: MK8 latest info  (Read 42114 times)

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
Re: MK8 latest info
« Reply #160 on: 25 June 2020, 11:10 »
It needs some body coloured panels in the front bumper just to break up that huge expanse of grill IMO, to break it into 3 distinct sections.

Totally agree, the render looks quite good, in line with how some others are going, such as the Audi A3 https://www.carwow.co.uk/audi/news/4199/audi-s3-price-specs-release

But if that is the front of the GTI TCR then its nothing short of ugly, so lets hope its just for testing purposes.

Seems the MK8 R looks much more like you would hope https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-2020-volkswagen-golf-r-unwrapped-nurburgring-tests

Does seem like the MK 8 GTI/R spoiler is more aggressive, and an improvement over my TCR which is quite understated with its little additional lip
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #161 on: 25 June 2020, 12:38 »
It needs some body coloured panels in the front bumper just to break up that huge expanse of grill IMO, to break it into 3 distinct sections.

Totally agree, the render looks quite good, in line with how some others are going, such as the Audi A3 https://www.carwow.co.uk/audi/news/4199/audi-s3-price-specs-release

But if that is the front of the GTI TCR then its nothing short of ugly, so lets hope its just for testing purposes.

Seems the MK8 R looks much more like you would hope https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-2020-volkswagen-golf-r-unwrapped-nurburgring-tests

Does seem like the MK 8 GTI/R spoiler is more aggressive, and an improvement over my TCR which is quite understated with its little additional lip

That white mk8 R in the Autocar pictures is still wearing some camouflage- those wide angled white sections in the lower front grille are covering the details of the actual grille and the upper section of the outer grilles in the front bumper are covered in white tape.

The final version of the mk8 R’s front grille probably is more like the GTI TCR render at the first link in your post from yesterday.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #162 on: 25 June 2020, 16:23 »

That white mk8 R in the Autocar pictures is still wearing some camouflage- those wide angled white sections in the lower front grille are covering the details of the actual grille and the upper section of the outer grilles in the front bumper are covered in white tape.

The final version of the mk8 R’s front grille probably is more like the GTI TCR render at the first link in your post from yesterday.

If it is, and with the seemingly more aggressive looking spoiler the R seems to be the winner in the looks stakes out of the traps. Not liked any of the models but the R would be the exception and can actually even say the work 'like'

Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #163 on: 26 June 2020, 09:57 »
Seems more and more manufacturers are going down the huge grill route (which seems to be to appease the US and Fast East markets), but as horrible as the new MK8 Golf is, it's an oil painting compared to the new BMW 4 series (no this is not a render but a production car, with the 1st models already in US showrooms)   :sick: :sick:

« Last Edit: 26 June 2020, 09:58 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #164 on: 26 June 2020, 15:43 »
Its just trends in car design. Give it a few years and you won't bat an eyelid.

I remember the Ford Sierra coming out... hardly looks radical now.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline drbyel

• Just got here
« Reply #165 on: 29 June 2020, 19:15 »
Does anyone know whether the new Golf 8’s standard LED lights can be changed to right lane driving, like a travel mode?

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #166 on: 29 June 2020, 19:26 »
Its just trends in car design. Give it a few years and you won't bat an eyelid.

I remember the Ford Sierra coming out... hardly looks radical now.

I think you’re right. At the time when Audi rolled out their signature large radiator grille in the early 2000’s across all models, I really didn’t like it. I don’t give it a second glance now, and I doubt many people do.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #167 on: 09 September 2020, 13:05 »
I know this may have limited appeal on here, but estate and Alltrack info now official.

https://vwpress.co.uk/en-gb/releases/4317

Seems a bit closer to the Octavia Estate now in terms of size than the previous gen.

Edit: Shares the same platform as the Octavia (unlike the Golf hatch). Hence the longer wheelbase.

https://youtu.be/jvxMSHkzocQ
« Last Edit: 09 September 2020, 20:21 by Guzzle »
7.5 GTD

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #168 on: 09 September 2020, 19:26 »
Thats going to ruffle some feathers.... the alltrack has the "GTI" fog lights... only they aren't foglights, they are apparently running lights.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #169 on: 11 September 2020, 08:33 »
Does anyone know whether the new Golf 8’s standard LED lights can be changed to right lane driving, like a travel mode?

I imagine so, you can do that on the Mk7.5 so think its fairly standard for LEDs as my 3 Series has it aswell.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey