Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 529869 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #820 on: 16 December 2016, 16:33 »
It would have been dirty again by the time you got there anyway.

I've just washed the red Golf for the first time in about 6 weeks. No photos tho'. I've blocked it in with my Passat so if Jo does need to go somewhere over the weekend, she can go in that filthy tip and keep the Golf clean for a few more days.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #821 on: 16 December 2016, 17:11 »
It would have been dirty again by the time you got there anyway.

I've just washed the red Golf for the first time in about 6 weeks. No photos tho'. I've blocked it in with my Passat so if Jo does need to go somewhere over the weekend, she can go in that filthy tip and keep the Golf clean for a few more days.

Haha, shrewd move.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #822 on: 27 December 2016, 13:08 »
Tackled the disgusting footwell and gave the whole interior a thorough clean.

Oh dear!

That's better.

If only the exterior matched :-(
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #823 on: 27 December 2016, 18:13 »
Much better :smiley: Mine is pretty filthy outside and dusty inside but I just haven't found the right combination of availability, inclination and weather! Did manage to get some good shots of frozen beading this morning but photobucket isn't co-operating and keeps trying to spam me with redirecting to some dodgy site :angry:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #824 on: 27 December 2016, 22:13 »
Much better :smiley: Mine is pretty filthy outside and dusty inside but I just haven't found the right combination of availability, inclination and weather! Did manage to get some good shots of frozen beading this morning but photobucket isn't co-operating and keeps trying to spam me with redirecting to some dodgy site :angry:

It's hard to get that combination sometimes.  :undecided:   Struggled on the inclination bit today, lol, but dry and bright so knew that t had to be done.

Yes, I heard elsewhere that Photobucket is a bit of a problem with spam at the moment, a few have abandoned it due to ongoing problems.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #825 on: 29 December 2016, 15:15 »
Well my GTI has been far too neglected recently! 2000 miles roughly in the last month, and not a free day with the weather to suit resulted in it looking very sorry for itself indeed!

So with a morning off work I set about making matters right again. Protection from FK1000p is holding up well, and a well protected car is so much easier to clean! It really wasn't long at all before the car was looking more like itself, though probably not for long!

And now for some poorly executed 50:50/compilation shots to show full scale of the transformation!

Just stumbled across this post and I'm so glad I did.
Fantastic pictures ( how is this achieved by the way? ) and lovely Mk6 GTI :drool:
I know from certain angles the Mk 6 isn't the best looker, but from the front and the rear it's superb.
I love the front and rear lights on this model and the wheels aren't half bad either.
Keep up the good work and get more pictures up :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #826 on: 29 December 2016, 22:47 »
Thanks kalimon!  :smiley:

The 50:50 shots are just placed side by side in Photoshop. If I was to do it again I'd use a tripod and mark positions on the ground to get exactly the same angles again but these were just by hand.

I'd get some more pics but it's pretty filthy again currently. Somehow I've managed to lose my SealSkinz waterproof gloves that I use for detailing and I don't fancy the freezing temps without them! There's more pics of my car on my Flickr (https://www.flickr.com/photos/113951758@N06/) if you're so inclined!

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #827 on: 30 December 2016, 12:35 »
Thanks kalimon!  :smiley:

The 50:50 shots are just placed side by side in Photoshop. If I was to do it again I'd use a tripod and mark positions on the ground to get exactly the same angles again but these were just by hand.

I'd get some more pics but it's pretty filthy again currently. Somehow I've managed to lose my SealSkinz waterproof gloves that I use for detailing and I don't fancy the freezing temps without them! There's more pics of my car on my Flickr (https://www.flickr.com/photos/113951758@N06/) if you're so inclined!
I'll be checking them out asap.
I use sealskinz gloves for window cleaning when it's proper cold, I couldn't do the job without them to be honest :embarrassed:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #828 on: 08 January 2017, 13:57 »
I wouldn't go so far as to call it detailing but it's a full snow foam, 2 bucket wash and dry off effort :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #829 on: 08 January 2017, 17:09 »
I brought the GTI caravan home to wash the winter 'green' off it.

No pictures today, but here's one from last year, as it looks just the same.

Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.