Author Topic: Whining about traders  (Read 2889 times)

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
Whining about traders
« on: 28 June 2011, 19:46 »
Could this have its own section, to move the terminally hard of thinking into their own special space, please?

Obviously it will need a lot of instructions and warnings to avoid them breaking it, or just a re-direct back to CGTI?
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
Re: Whining about traders
« Reply #1 on: 28 June 2011, 20:28 »
I think there should be a section as there is one to recommend places why not a place to deter people.. these threads pop up almost as much as ***** is a scammer..
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #2 on: 28 June 2011, 21:03 »
Wow! DH complaining about people complaining.....pot, kettle, black?? :rolleyes:

Although I agree with tech that a section could be introduced which is similar to 'the good guys' one to warn people of dodgy businesses/traders.

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #3 on: 28 June 2011, 21:08 »
Although I agree with tech that a section could be introduced which is similar to 'the good guys' one to warn people of dodgy businesses/traders.

problem with that is the forum '( and its owners ) could be liable for what you post .  :lipsrsealed:

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #4 on: 28 June 2011, 21:13 »

problem with that is the forum '( and its owners ) could be liable for what you post .  :lipsrsealed:

Then what about a 'Reviews' section with a disclaimer stating that everything posted is the view of the individual and doesn't reflect the views of the forum or it's owners, whether the review is good or bad.

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #5 on: 28 June 2011, 22:52 »

that + what if 1 person has a bit of a problem with the company and catches someone at said company on an 'off' day or there is a misunderstanding, they get the hump and give them sh!t in that section, or a competitor signs up to GGTI and flames them to give them bad cred when their work is ace?

Giving a thumbs up to a company is better than giving them a thumbs down and knowing you lot it'll turn into a flame war against the company.
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #6 on: 02 July 2011, 22:41 »
problem with that is the forum '( and its owners ) could be liable for what you post .

And thus surely the whining libellous posts should also be taken down as well?
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.