Author Topic: mk2 vr fixer upperer  (Read 5302 times)

Offline lewis1641

• I live here
  • stuck in the 90's
mk2 vr fixer upperer
« on: 03 September 2014, 16:53 »
Saw this wee mk2 advertised a few months ago but it was an awkward sale as it included 3 sets of wheels to bump the price up, but the seller wouldn't split the lot.

After a few months I decided it was a decent deal, I could sell 2 sets of wheels to pay for the car and leave it on the cheapest set.

The car is out of tax and test, and has suffered engine damage from using the wrong oil. But it is fairly solid, is sat on coilovers, 288mm brake conversion and is reasonably tidy.

I had also aquired most of a vr6 conversion a few weeks earlier that I didnt really have a home for, so a plan was formed. 

I am very fortunate to have access to a unit so when my  mate was away for a few days we cracked on and swapped the engines over, painting the bay in between.

Sadly the car is a ce1, but he had a ce2 look kicking around so we have fitted that to the car to make the conversion a lot easier.

We are not going the whole hog in terms of a project with this as it is being done to sell on. Engine is getting a service, it needs some bodywork front and rear and whatever is needed for MOT. Going to have to do something with the interior though

Look forward to driving this

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: mk2 vr fixer upperer
« Reply #1 on: 03 September 2014, 21:41 »
Looks a good project :afro: