Author Topic: my new wheels  (Read 5094 times)

Offline yanto

• Just got here
Re: my new wheels
« Reply #10 on: 08 January 2014, 16:09 »
Thanks for the comments guys
 Have run a hpi and there is no issues in the report, how can you tell the lights and wheels and other bits are not correct? Woul like your feedback in case im buying a bum car?
Yanto.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 08 January 2014, 16:12 »

How can you tell?

Genuine

The ones on the car in the add

The genuine ones have much more rounded holes. The reps have more material around the bolt holes and the center caps are different. Also look how many balance weights the reps have needed. Says it all really.
« Last Edit: 08 January 2014, 16:24 by dubber36 »
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 08 January 2014, 16:23 »
how can you tell the lights and wheels and other bits are not correct?

The lights are standard halogen reflector headlights. Xenons have projectors.

The wheels are in my previous post.

Reading through the spec, only the leather (which includes heated seats), cruise control and the touch screen radio are the only optional extras. All the rest are standard features and usual dealer blurb that they use to make the car seem more than it is. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it, other than the cheap nasty wheels, it's another case of the dealer not knowing anything about the car he's selling.

Edit, I've just noticed on my picture of the wheels that the rear bumper doesn't line up with the wheel arch. It took a while to get mine lined up properly when we re-fitted it have had it painted the other week. That leads me to believe that bumper has been off too. Why? Make sure you have a really good look round it. If it's had paint, silver is a bugger to match, but might not show up at this dull time of year.
« Last Edit: 08 January 2014, 16:29 by dubber36 »
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 08 January 2014, 16:36 »
These are genuine projector Xenons, (though on a 59 plate you wouldn't have the fairy lights around the edges as these were added later.

image by rclbooth, on Flickr

image by rclbooth, on Flickr
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline yanto

• Just got here
« Reply #14 on: 08 January 2014, 16:50 »
Thanks bud
Just got a email from vw with a list of every thing on the car when it was born, not much above standard. It does say the alloys were 17"? It also had a service in 2011 and milage was 56175!!!! Think I will get my deposit back. Milage never came up on the hpi?

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 08 January 2014, 16:59 »
17" wheels were standard. The 18's were an optional extra. Often if the originals are mangled and it needs tyres, a cheap set of reps with new tyres are a cheaper option for the dealer.

It's a good job that you checked with VW. HPI wouldn't show up the mileage if it had only had one owner, as it would have had no reason for it to be recorded on anything. Having said that, it would have had at least one MOT, so the mileage should be on that, unless it was clocked before it was 3 years old.

Either way, it's a luck escape.

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 08 January 2014, 17:07 »
Thanks bud
Just got a email from vw with a list of every thing on the car when it was born, not much above standard. It does say the alloys were 17"? It also had a service in 2011 and milage was 56175!!!! Think I will get my deposit back. Milage never came up on the hpi?

Personally I would get your money back and once safely in hand by notifying ebay and Trading Standards

Sounds like you have had a lucky escape thanks to fellow forum members, may be work looking at this as you are going to struggle to find better

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=263358.0

I have a 3 door Edition 35 going up for sale in a few weeks time depending on your budget
« Last Edit: 08 January 2014, 17:13 by wigit »

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 08 January 2014, 17:30 »
Forum help at it's best :)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline yanto

• Just got here
« Reply #18 on: 08 January 2014, 18:19 »
Thankd again for your help guys! need a five door sorry wigit.
So tuff buying a used car these days :cry:

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 08 January 2014, 19:12 »
That was a lucky escape. I bet you're glad you posted for advice now.

Who did you contact to get an email back from VW with the mileage and extras that were on the car? Sounds like an invaluable service.

HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14