Author Topic: Mk 8 Golf  (Read 171571 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Mk 8 Golf
« Reply #610 on: 19 December 2019, 09:48 »
I don’t think the front looks to bad but hopefully you can turn that light off  :grin:

Don't worry, in the UK you won't be allowed that light and it will be disabled (probably not even fitted or wired). You cannot show a red light at the front of a vehicle.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #611 on: 19 December 2019, 09:51 »

I'm looking at those DRL's and all I can think of is this:

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #612 on: 19 December 2019, 10:23 »
New Gti from Autocar. I suspect this’ll be pretty close to the mark.

Saw that render of the GTI a couple of weeks ago on another forum. If it’s an accurate reflection of the production model, I think it looks OK.

I don’t think the front looks to bad but hopefully you can turn that light off  :grin:

Don't worry, in the UK you won't be allowed that light and it will be disabled (probably not even fitted or wired). You cannot show a red light at the front of a vehicle.

It’s a render, so as Fred has said, for UK vehicles it’s unlikely to even be fitted.

I'm looking at those DRL's and all I can think of is this:

It made me think of this - Kia Pro C’eed GT;

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #613 on: 19 December 2019, 11:55 »

It's not a red light! Some models have a continuous white light so that's what will be lit up, not the red one. No cars have red lights at the front  :rolleyes:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #614 on: 19 December 2019, 12:59 »

It's not a red light! Some models have a continuous white light so that's what will be lit up, not the red one. No cars have red lights at the front  :rolleyes:

Was going to say the same. It's surely just there for decoration same as the red strip through the headlights on Mk7's doesn't light up.
7.5 GTD

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #615 on: 19 December 2019, 13:57 »
It looks like a white light with red trim above and below it to me.

Red trim on the grille is part of the GTI heritage.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #616 on: 21 December 2019, 09:29 »
Mk8 Golf Euro Ncap test results, including video, at the link below;

https://www.euroncap.com/en/results/vw/golf/39844

It lost some points as one of the rear doors opened in the side barrier impact test.

Interesting to see that the mk8 doesn’t have a driver’s knee airbag (click on the ‘safety equipment’ tab), whereas the mk7 / mk7.5 does (mk7 details at https://www.euroncap.com/en/results/vw/golf/10955); is this cost cutting by VW at the expense of safety?
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #618 on: 03 January 2020, 08:58 »

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #619 on: 03 January 2020, 09:33 »
I like the new interior but the front of the Mk 8 is meh. Back and sides are ok. It may grow on me. Although given I’ve only had the mk7.5 since March, by the time I come round to changing it, I expect electric to be far more viable. The 7.5 may well be my last performance petrol.
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.