Author Topic: Mk 8 Golf  (Read 171729 times)

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
7.5 GTD

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
7.5 GTD

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Mk 8 Golf
« Reply #432 on: 23 October 2019, 23:16 »
I hope it grows on me  :sick:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #433 on: 24 October 2019, 07:17 »
Maybe it looks better in the flesh?
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #434 on: 24 October 2019, 07:25 »
Looks ok from above and also from the rear but the front looks a bit odd. BMW and focus sales might just be on the up  :whistle:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #435 on: 24 October 2019, 07:48 »
That interior is pretty grim - the clocks and mib unit are nasty.

The exterior I don't have to look at, but I had hoped the renders were more what we were getting and not the spy shots that shows a cheap clock radio glued to the dash... but...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline P6GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #436 on: 24 October 2019, 09:01 »
......”a faux dual exhaust system”.
Lovely!
Can’t stand all the styling BS they impose on ordinary models.... just looks ridiculous.
And why do VW and Ford in particular contaminate their true performance brands by flogging lower models with the labels R- line and ST line?
Oh yeah, I remember.
At least they have never stooped so low as to market a GTI-line.
2019 5Dr Mk7.5 Performance DSG. Indium Grey with DCC (and TCR spoiler)

(Previously two Mk7 GTIs, Mk6 GTI and Mk6 GTD)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #437 on: 24 October 2019, 10:49 »
R-Line
S-Line
N-Line
Unfortunately no one had made a B-Line
It's as if car design has no imagination. Apart from Citroen, they can still bring the bonkers.
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #438 on: 24 October 2019, 10:52 »
Think they definitely missed a trick by making the 2 screens separate, surely and opportunity to make one sweeping unit.

The new MB A 35 have the flat unit that sweeps across and though personally think it looks a little bolted on, the concept is good and  you would think a nice sleek sweeping unit in the conventional placement would look really good - they have just bolted one next to the other and it looks like it.

Also from shots I have seen, the DSG gear lever is no more, and as someone who flicks between D > S and Manual quite often the exact action of the lever makes that action very easy - The little lever that see there is hardly going to be as tactile and satisfying, it make the dropping from D to S sterile at the point you are obviously looking to make the car more eager.

Exterior styling is not overly bothering me at the moment as the MK 7 Golf looks equally vanilla and dull in its standard guise, so reserving judgement to when see the bulked up performance versions.

The MK 7 drives so well that you doubt that difference is going to be noticeable, and so not much to get excited about really, a new screen layout and some different graphics and less buttons and some connected stuff that likely not use (Car Net)

However, a 400 BHP R with some decent kit might be where the MK 8 actually wins hearts and minds,

Maybe when the GTI and the R couple up to the 48v technology (MK 8.5?) will be the time to take real interest just to see how that tech affects performance and economy, but until then lots of argument just to stick with MK 7
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #439 on: 24 October 2019, 11:22 »

Also from shots I have seen, the DSG gear lever is no more, and as someone who flicks between D > S and Manual quite often the exact action of the lever makes that action very easy - The little lever that see there is hardly going to be as tactile and satisfying, it make the dropping from D to S sterile at the point you are obviously looking to make the car more eager.

I thought there was going to be a small new 911 style lever? You have to have something unless they go for the Ferrari-esque  buttons which I very much doubt!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey