Author Topic: Mk 8 Golf  (Read 170975 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Mk 8 Golf
« Reply #380 on: 03 October 2019, 13:41 »
Got to be the end for Mk7.5 production by now then?

I actually quite liked the (obviously) rendered GTI shot...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #381 on: 04 October 2019, 22:04 »
Reveal date confirmed  :smiley:

https://uk.motor1.com/news/374332/vw-golf-reveal-october-24/

If this is the interior it’s looks very good  :cool:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #382 on: 10 October 2019, 09:20 »
7.5 GTD

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #383 on: 10 October 2019, 09:36 »
Few more scraps to feed on...

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-volkswagen-golf-design-shown-official-sketches

The sketch looks very Scirocco like! But I think there is still a lot of hope that it will actually look good in finished 'performance' guise. Certainly, think the interior is going to be a massive step up that could date the Mk7/7.5 very quickly.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #384 on: 10 October 2019, 13:54 »
Few more scraps to feed on...

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-volkswagen-golf-design-shown-official-sketches

The sketch looks very Scirocco like! But I think there is still a lot of hope that it will actually look good in finished 'performance' guise. Certainly, think the interior is going to be a massive step up that could date the Mk7/7.5 very quickly.

The sketch does look very Scirocco! Very rakish and sharp.
And then you see the photo of the actual car in the next shot that looks about as rakish as a double decker bus. Maybe Brexit will do us a favour...
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #385 on: 10 October 2019, 14:46 »
Yes the sketch vs the actual photos of the real thing are something else...

The photos of the yellow coloured one going down the muddy path is what you are going to get.

It looks like the love child of a current Passat and an Astra.

Its definitely a Golf because of the C pillar, but its not as nice as a 7/7.5.

The interior tech will of course make the Mk7 look old.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline Philip

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #386 on: 10 October 2019, 17:51 »
I'm not feeling the love for the new interior - stuck on iPad effect was one big factor in my not considering a new shape C63 back in 2016 (and the still silly fuel consumption..).

Mercedes and others are now moving away from that and back to an integrated look to dash and infotainment so I really don't understand the thinking at VW around this.  Sure the actual tech will be a step change but I much prefer the 7.5 layout.
TCR 3 door

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #387 on: 11 October 2019, 09:05 »
I'm not sure that you are looking at what its actually going to be like - the shots of the interior are clearly stripped down pre-production lash ups.

Look at the Toe-rag that is what you are going to be seeing...

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #388 on: 11 October 2019, 09:13 »
I'm not feeling the love for the new interior - stuck on iPad effect was one big factor in my not considering a new shape C63 back in 2016 (and the still silly fuel consumption..).

Mercedes and others are now moving away from that and back to an integrated look to dash and infotainment so I really don't understand the thinking at VW around this.  Sure the actual tech will be a step change but I much prefer the 7.5 layout.

I don't think it will look as stuck as on you suggest and will be more integrated, as it says 'positioned to flow on from the digital dash'. 

That said, one of the most modern interiors right now is the Tesla Model 3 and that really does have a screen stuck onto the dash!
NOW - 330e M Sport

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #389 on: 11 October 2019, 09:20 »
That said, one of the most modern interiors right now is the Tesla Model 3 and that really does have a screen stuck onto the dash!

Yeah, and it has windscreen wipers controlled by a touchscreen.

Seriously, the sooner we get away from this crap, the better. Don't mind the Mk7.5 touchscreen as the key functions all have button/dial alternatives. Touchscreens in cars, in general, suck.