Author Topic: Well that's all folks...  (Read 4880 times)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: Well that's all folks...
« Reply #10 on: 13 September 2016, 07:23 »
Any updates Wes?

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #11 on: 14 September 2016, 21:45 »
I've been pushing my insurance company the last few days and have come up with a bit of a result.

The Golf will no longer be written off, I'm guessing the cars condition, mileage and mods were better in the pictures than the engineers were expecting and they couldn't just class it as a £500 book price sh!tter like they wanted to.

So they have offered me £680 for repairs which I am going to refuse. It's in need of paint on the bonnet, offside wing and bumper and also the nearside wing blending in and I have been getting quotes of around £800 for this so I'll be requesting an amount close to this.

The police have also been in contact; they have been round to the registered keeper of the camper but he is away working (according to his mother) and doesn't own the van any more (even though it was parked outside the property, go figure).

She has been given a form to pass onto her son which requests the identity of the driver at the time of the incident to be named within 14 days or he will face prosecution. Sounds very similar to a speeding offence NIP

So a result in both aspects :afro:

Interestingly I have looked back on the campers old MOTs via the government website and it appears to have had a rust problem on the nearside for quote some time...
« Last Edit: 14 September 2016, 21:47 by Wazzzer »

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline mwad gti

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 15 September 2016, 20:46 »
Fingers crossed for a good result
Candy White 3 dr Manual 2012 GTi. Bought new.
DAB, Dynaudio, Kenwood Head Unit Upgrade, Private Plate,
Full Leather and Heated Seats
18" Shadow Monzas, luxury pack.
Colour coded side skirts and gloss black diffuser.

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #13 on: 15 September 2016, 21:23 »
And the plot thickens...

My underwriters have now informed me that my claim is on hold due to my modifications. These were all declared and I have proof of this so there seems to have been an administrative error and they do not have my mods listed

Cue me on the phone tearing the insurance company a new one and things are now back on track :rolleyes:

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 15 September 2016, 23:37 »
Buy another Indy blue mk4 for penny's swap the panels you need and sell the rest saves spending much of the money they give you  :smiley:

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #15 on: 27 September 2016, 22:27 »
Finally got a result. Just over £700 minus the excess for my repairs received today and in my account. :afro:

The excess is being refunded as I have cover for that with my policy so now it's just a case of finding someone to do it.

Oh and the guy that owns the van has driven past me and stopped to have a word, he claims to have left a note on my car at some point and that the police are hassling his mum. He'd also like me to phone him to discuss what happened.

I'm not going to bother though, the police and insurance company can deal with it as they see fit; he shouldn't have just buggered off in the first place

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
  • MK4 GTi Turbo Exclusive 150 AUM
« Reply #16 on: 28 September 2016, 18:22 »
Good work. That's a result!

I had similar with damage to my other car late last year. I knew who'd done it, but he denied it, and thought he was being clever in trying to hide the damage to his car. What he didn't know was I'd found it and got photos of his car before he quickly had it repaired! The insurance companies caught up with him in the end ;-)

Build thread clicky