Author Topic: DUB DOGS.  (Read 1522 times)

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
DUB DOGS.
« on: 29 June 2020, 21:31 »
A little something for the BBQ when the weather improves...  :wink:

Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: DUB DOGS.
« Reply #1 on: 29 June 2020, 21:34 »
Currywurst...hmmmm  :drool:
7.5 GTD

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 30 June 2020, 06:59 »
A little something for the BBQ when the weather improves...  :wink:

How much were they? Lidl and Aldi do very good German sausages. Hard to beat a Kasewurst grilled over charcoal from a stall at a Berlin Christmas Market.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #3 on: 30 June 2020, 09:36 »
How much were they? Lidl and Aldi do very good German sausages. Hard to beat a Kasewurst grilled over charcoal from a stall at a Berlin Christmas Market.

£11.95 per pack from here... https://sausageman.co.uk/product/vw-volkswagen-currywurst-xxl-25cm-bundle

Often sold out though so if you want some, get your order in.
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 30 June 2020, 10:53 »

£11.95 per pack from here... https://sausageman.co.uk/product/vw-volkswagen-currywurst-xxl-25cm-bundle

I think I'll stick with the delicious Aldi Bratwursts at a sixth of the price. I thought VW car RRPs were crazy - those sausage prices are something else!

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 30 June 2020, 15:16 »

I think I'll stick with the delicious Aldi Bratwursts at a sixth of the price. I thought VW car RRPs were crazy - those sausage prices are something else!

Quality of the ingredients is what sets them apart. They're about 8 or 9 Euros a pack in Germany. I've always ordered from
Feinkost and they've arrived without a problem. Need to order sufficient quantity to make shipping worthwhile but they freeze well.
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline Craig

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 01 July 2020, 10:51 »
Just noticed these mate and I’ve ordered two packs and the VW ketchup. I showed the wife and she absolutely loves them.

Proper well excited about these.

Offline Dr Mike Oxgreen

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 01 July 2020, 14:27 »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_currywurst

It's not often that you see "Volkswagen" and "given away" in the same sentence!

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 01 July 2020, 17:05 »

Quality of the ingredients is what sets them apart. They're about 8 or 9 Euros a pack in Germany. I've always ordered from
Feinkost and they've arrived without a problem. Need to order sufficient quantity to make shipping worthwhile but they freeze well.

Quality of the Aldi ones is top notch too, barely any fat or fillers. For £12 a pack, i'd expect them to be made from Unicorns! :grin:

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #9 on: 01 July 2020, 21:19 »
Quality of the Aldi ones is top notch too, barely any fat or fillers. For £12 a pack, i'd expect them to be made from Unicorns! :grin:

Never had unicorn, is it nice?  :laugh: