Author Topic: New 2nd Bilstein B14 coiloverkit: B14XL LOW ! lower + more comfort  (Read 4094 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Although I'm likely to be in the minority with this but those cars look far too low. I'll just go and grab my pipe and slippers..... :whistle:

Make that two of us

Three.  Function before form for me.

Four.

I always think that losing the even, concentric gap between edge of the tyre and wheel arch edge on excessively lowered cars looks odd, leaving very little or no gap between the top of the tyre and wheel arch and original gap at the lower edges of the wheel arch.

Just my opinion though.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Gtiless

• Here all the time
Although I'm likely to be in the minority with this but those cars look far too low. I'll just go and grab my pipe and slippers..... :whistle:

Make that two of us

Make it 5. Also beware the plastic sump.

Offline sevengti

• Not said much yet
The standard B14 can be lowered max. down to 45 mm which means LESS the GTi works lowering you can achieve 30mm. Which was not enough for me. Also the setup is different . We and our customers found the standard Golf7 B14 a bit too harsh . No comparison to the Golf 5 or Golf 6 B14 setup which was ok. The new B14 XL LOW has a much better sensitivity as the standard B14 and it is adjustable from 40 to 65mm or at some heavy Gti/Gtd to 70 mm LESS the GTi works suspension. Which means with a GTI the lowering range is from 25 to approx. 50mm  and a better (higher sensitivity) setup.  Also in combination with 19" or 20" it is much more comfortable as the standard B14 however the Bilstein engineers found a way to combine this comfort with a nice sporty and dynamic handling. I can only recommend to make a testride. Maybe Bilstein UK can give some infos at which dealers or garages. At the last video link ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFMmbrSWi1o ) which I posted, are some scenes which give a bit of an idea how the response of this kit (even with 20" like in the video) is on poor roads.

« Last Edit: 02 December 2018, 15:03 by sevengti »

Offline Mark1995

• Just got here
I'm following this GTI forum for quite a while because it's more interesting than the GTI forum in Germany. I got a lot new ideas and benefit from all the experiences shared here.
I had the chance to do a test drive with the lowered B14xl here in Germany and I was positively surprised! It is better than the standard B14. This is going to be my next project...