Author Topic: VR6 heater not working  (Read 4977 times)

Offline chris1973

• Just got here
VR6 heater not working
« on: 27 November 2009, 22:29 »
Just as it starts to get cold the heater fan has suddenly packed up on my '95 Golf vr6. The heater fan does not work on any of the four speeds,although when the car is moving you can feel warm air coming out of the vents. Blower? Fuse? Relay? Heater Controls? Does anybody have any idea what it could be?  Hope it does not have anything to do with the dreaded heater matrix. I had a heater matrix go on a mk2 about ten years ago and a garage quoted me £55 to fit a matrix I supplied (Best £55 I ever spent)  they soon :cry: :cry: regretted that quote!!!!  p.s where are the blower and resistor situated? are they a pain to remove/refit
« Last Edit: 27 November 2009, 22:41 by chris1973 »

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
Re: VR6 heater not working
« Reply #1 on: 27 November 2009, 22:31 »
resistor or fan motor (I've had issues with both before..and to test the motor wire 12v up to it bypasing the resistor while keeping your hands out of the way..if it spins then it works)
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline chris1973

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 27 November 2009, 22:43 »
Just as it starts to get cold the heater fan has suddenly packed up on my '95 Golf vr6. The heater fan does not work on any of the four speeds,although when the car is moving you can feel warm air coming out of the vents. Blower? Fuse? Relay? Heater Controls? Does anybody have any idea what it could be?  Hope it does not have anything to do with the dreaded heater matrix. I had a heater matrix go on a mk2 about ten years ago and a garage quoted me £55 to fit a matrix I supplied (Best £55 I ever spent)  they soon :cry: :cry: regretted that quote!!!! 

p.s where are the blower and resistor situated? are they a pain to remove/refit

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
« Reply #3 on: 27 November 2009, 22:50 »
both behind the lower glove box (although removing the whole lot makes access easier)..the fan just need twisting to remove (and 2 wires to unclip) and the resistor is simply plug in
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk