Author Topic: R-Tech RAM-CAI Hi-flow Cold Air Induction Kits £169  (Read 12902 times)

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233
R-Tech RAM-CAI Hi-flow Cold Air Induction Kits £169
« on: 12 December 2011, 16:58 »
The R-Tech RAM-CAI kits have been designed to be a direct bolt on for mk4 1.8T / v5 / v6 / R32 / Audi A3 S3 TT / Seat Leon / Cupra R

The R-Tech RAM-CAI offers an enclosed / sealed air box which can be easily pressurised via ram air from forced from the OEM intake snorkel, upgrade R32 DSG snorkel or a feed from the lower bumper grill.

We can provide the kit in various configurations:

o   Supplied with full Mk4 R32 DGS intake system to fit to 1.8T. (rrp £199)
o   Adjustable Cold feed bumper vent snorkel. (rrp £169)
o   Both of the above. (rrp £210)
o   Just the filter box and air filter to work with your stock intake snorkel. (rrp £169)
o   3” (80mm) MAF conversion kit for AGU AUM AUQ turbo upgrades. (rrp £169)
o   3”(80mm) Setup for K04- 023 Audi S3, TT, Seat Leon 180 210 225. (rrp £169)

The idea behind the R-Tech RAM-CAI  kit was to maintain an nice basic oe look which would provide the cleanest / highest air flow without restrictions and to have the coolest possible air going into the filter.  There are too many 1.8T running with open cone filters which can provide the good air flow, but at the same time sucking up hot heat soaked engine compartment air which will reduce timing advance and lower power.   The OEM air box works well with a good filter, it gets provided with a good cool air feed from the oem intake snorkel, but is restricted by peak air flow and slows the turbo spool speeds down due to the sucking / vacuum effect caused by the restrictive lower part of the air box.

We have worked close with Pipercross to develop a unique high surface area foam cylinder air filter which can offer unrestricted air flow over 350bhp, and still maintains the excellent filtration we have seen from the Pipercross foam panel filters.

The constant air flow fills the R-Tech air box with cool fresh from the outside and once at speed can provide a force ram air effect keeping the area around the air filter under constant pressure which helps the turbos spooling and to eliminate the air drag.
At stage2 K03s power we have seen back to back gains of 12bhp+ over the stock air box with, and a huge 18bhp gain over the markets leading CAI for the 1.8T which suffer from peak air flow over 175gs.   The R-Tech RAM-CAI will provide just a much air flow as you would if you ran the car with out a filter.

Gains vs. Stock air box and performance filter

1.8T K03/k03s with TIP
There is no huge power gain from stock or stage 1 mapping just better turbo pick up / spooling and better induction sound.  Stage 2 mapping we have seen peak torque 300rpm sooner with upto 12bhp at points on the rolling road graph with peak power sustained longer with around 20gs more peak air flow.

1.8T K04-023 with 80mm B5 Tip
There is no huge power from stock, but on stage 1 mapping we gained better turbo pick up / spooling and around 8bhp at point in the midrange.  Stage 2 mapping we have seen peak torque much sooner with upto 18lbft/18bhp at points on the rolling road graph with peak power sustained longer with much lower Aits with around 14gs extra on the peak air flow.

Mk4 Golf R32 3.2 Stage1 remapped

Power gains of 10bhp between 6600rpm and 7100rpm with around a 3bhp/4lbft gain over the whole of the average power band.

Mk4 V5 / V6 4 motion NOT TESTED YET
« Last Edit: 12 December 2011, 17:00 by RTechUK »

R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands

jamie16v

Re: R-Tech RAM-CAI Hi-flow Cold Air Induction Kits £169
« Reply #1 on: 12 December 2011, 17:14 »
nice!  :smiley:

Offline bricey

• I live here
  • One of a few with a PROPER engine
« Reply #2 on: 12 December 2011, 17:41 »
looks like a good bit of kit but im abit confused on how many different variations there are :embarassed:
i currently are oem air box with pipercross panel filter...
i ripped out the standard snorkle that goes to the back of the headlight housing area and some how rammed a 3"snorkle in its place not that prob makes one iota difference,
now i cant remember if i have a hole that leads to the inside of the wing i dont think i do or if i do it isnt big enought for a tube.
even tho you havnt roaded a 4mo with the system on what in your opinion is the best setup
james
DOLPHIN TRAINER

Offline GTI:Gibbo

• I live here
  • More a way of life than just another car
« Reply #3 on: 12 December 2011, 18:39 »
What can you do for a 1.8 20v ?

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #4 on: 12 December 2011, 19:00 »
Would this fit the PD engines?

Offline lukeyyyyyyy21

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 12 December 2011, 19:39 »
cool i definately want one! hey nick i got my car mapped by you on the 8th october, had the silver mk4 gti , im from worthing, and made good torque ;) forgot to ask you for an r-tech sticker too! i am definately interested in your cai!

Offline cullygti

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 12 December 2011, 20:14 »
very nice funny as i was gonna ask for a sticker to  :laugh:

i drive a golf thats why im skint!!!!

losing interest in the golf and now not so skint !!!!!

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #7 on: 12 December 2011, 20:43 »
Nick you still up for me making a mould off one  :wink:

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline james2

• I live here
  • No scammers please.
« Reply #8 on: 12 December 2011, 23:04 »
I thought everone said smooth airbox with px filter was the best.  :evil: This is a cool set up . But ill stick with mine. Only £50 .You could do with another feed to the lower passanger side vent ,were the horns are. But theres not much room ,i removed a horn as it died ,that made room.  :nerd: Forget the extra feed to lower vent ,not many people run a R32 bumper. :undecided: or want two remove a horn .But 1 horn works fine and passed mot.  :undecided:
AGU 1.8T. Mods done: R32 front bumper, turborev smic, ngk platinum spark plugs, uprated pancake pipe, demon motorsport boost hoses, forge 007 dv, forge engine cover, r-tec stage 1 map ,home made cold airfilter ,run on 98 ron fuel and castrol edge 0w 40 oil. Advanti racing alloys.

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 12 December 2011, 23:29 »
Looks like a nice bit of kit that  :cool:

Don't suppose you've had a chance to to read my email!? I'm eager to get the ball rolling for the map  :grin:

2003 1.8T: R-tech Live Cutom Stage 2 remap: N249 Bypass : Forge T.I.P : Forge 007p  : Forge Actuator, yellow spring : Toyosports F.M.I.C : Toyosports C.A.I :                                                                   PCV simplified - oil catch can : 42' Draft 3" turbo back non res exhaust system : Devils own W.M.I : 231bhp & 258lbs-ft