Author Topic: Stage 2 preparations..  (Read 18956 times)

Offline Dave_IOW

• Forum addict
Re: Stage 2 preparations..
« Reply #10 on: 22 March 2011, 18:24 »
Where did you get the fuel pump from?

Ebay mate :smiley:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280636698622&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

We dont do spec2 maps fopr AGU/k03s combo it would have to be a custom map setup unique to your hardware and fuel system, AGU/k03s combos tend to see around 220-230bhp 240-265lbft from the R-Tech custom maps. Weak part of the package will be fuel delivery, going to 230bhp in the stock injectors will mean running a high 90%+IDC (which is fine on these injectors), but if you have a lazy fuel pump your fuel can easy tail off the lean at the top end, this is why everyone we do is custom set up to be safe.

We will tune the k03s close to its max ve on a good setup, v-power, good FMIC, tip, turbo back ect..  when we see the the car start to lean out at high rpm and the IDC raise or the rail pressure drop at the top end we will turn the power down to maintain a lambda around .79 -.82.  To stop the tail off an new or up rated fuel pump will help and maybe going another 20-30cc extra flow on the injectors.  A good condition fuel pump will flow enough for 240+bhp, but older pumps can max out at around 210bhp.

Bought both to make sure that KO3s will be able to provide its maximum power and not be limited by anything else, Nick seems to remommend that too :wink:

Its too longer journey from where i am, need to get everything 100% before i go.
Project: Mk2 20vT trackslag
Daily: Mk2 GTI typ19

Offline Dave_IOW

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 22 March 2011, 18:28 »
Ask Nick to get you one for when you go up :wink:

Got the Forge actuator on with KO3s and having problems at the min, boosts to 11 PSI very very slowly, hits 12 and cuts back to 4 PSI. Hoping the red spring will sort this so need them ASAP :wink:

Offline rockmonkey69

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 22 March 2011, 18:45 »
Think that's just a bog standard 1.8t fuel pump same as that used in the golf gti
You won't need lcr fuel pump or 3" maf for a k03s the turbo doesn't flow that much to merit the 3" maf
The forge actuator also isn't necessary, the n75 works fine with the standard actuator spring on the k03s for the boost it's running.

Offline Dave_IOW

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 22 March 2011, 18:49 »
well if it is, ill just sell again, thought cupra was uprated though?

Nick says, uprated fuel pump will help, mines coming up to 100k and knowing my luck its on last legs. I cant keep taking trips back to r-tech, so need to know its 100% ready to push as much as possible.

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #14 on: 22 March 2011, 19:14 »
my actuator was knackered so I needed the Forge version, I think Dave is in the same boat

That fuel pump is the same as the one you have already mate, you need the one from the Cupra R (4bar version)

You're best off giving Nick a bell and seeing what he advises as you'll get a lot of conflicting info on here

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline rockmonkey69

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 22 March 2011, 19:17 »
I would trust Nick, if he says an uprated fuel pump will help a k03/s 1.8t then he must know your one isn't up to the job anymore for whatever reason - probably old and knackered as you say it's a preventative measure but that fuel pump you've purchased is used and it is not uprated in any way, it is the same pump as that which is already in your golf.

The cupra and cupra R uses different fuel pumps, normal cupra fuel pumps can flow 3 bars but the cupra r pump can flow 4 bar (although it has a 3 bar fuel pressure regulator) Might have been better looking at an in tank walbro 225lph pump.

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #16 on: 22 March 2011, 19:21 »
Do you know somewhere that sells them? Can only find the inline versions...

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #17 on: 22 March 2011, 19:23 »
I would trust Nick, if he says an uprated fuel pump will help a k03/s 1.8t then he must know your one isn't up to the job anymore for whatever reason - probably old and knackered as you say it's a preventative measure but that fuel pump you've purchased is used and it is not uprated in any way, it is the same pump as that which is already in your golf.

The cupra and cupra R uses different fuel pumps, normal cupra fuel pumps can flow 3 bars but the cupra r pump can flow 4 bar (although it has a 3 bar fuel pressure regulator) Might have been better looking at an in tank walbro 225lph pump.

What he said or a Walbro 255 pump

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline Dave_IOW

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 22 March 2011, 19:31 »
Balls, saw cupra on advert and thought all cupra's were cupra R's  :laugh: :grin: :sad:

Thought it was cheap. All walbro's i have seen are inline, would also be interested in in-tank one  :smiley:

Rockmonkey, read them quotes from Nick i posted, he inferrs that most of them are knackered by the time he gets his hands on them. In another post he says that an uprated pump and injectors will make sure the turbo hits its limits before your limited due to the fuel delivery.

I want it pushed as hard as the turbo can be safely and dont want to be stopped by pump/injectors etc..

Offline rockmonkey69

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 22 March 2011, 19:48 »
I think on an AGU the injectors don't flow as much as the AUM, I'm running a stage 2 and I would say my turbo is not limited by fueling but rather the other way around - my turbo is limiting. It's times like this I'm glad I have an AUM  :cool: