Author Topic: BRAD & BENS, ***NOW 1986 CADDY PICKUP 1.6 TO 20VT POWWAAA !!  (Read 30565 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: BRAD & BENS, ***NOW 1986 CADDY PICKUP 1.6 TO 20VT POWWAAA !!
« Reply #150 on: 13 March 2012, 23:35 »
We have fitted G60 280mm front brake set up on this one, so should be a bit better

Yeah, I'm running the same calipers but with MK2 Valver servo/master cylinder and discs.   Even that makes a big difference. Has the customer opted for a bigger servo/cylinder?

PM me when you have some time and let me know what kind of money makes this conversion happen, curious.

Offline minimat

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #151 on: 15 March 2012, 18:03 »
hmmm youve turned this round faster than garage doing mine, oh well you live and learn lol

on a side note you mention your using a mk2 fuel pump? Which pump exactly and mated to what mk1 tank? just pondering pump choices at minute for mine

thanks
mat

Offline benvictors

• I live here
  • bgk Tuning - coming soon!!!
« Reply #152 on: 15 March 2012, 21:39 »
hmmm youve turned this round faster than garage doing mine, oh well you live and learn lol

on a side note you mention your using a mk2 fuel pump? Which pump exactly and mated to what mk1 tank? just pondering pump choices at minute for mine

thanks
mat

Using the fuel pump from a mk2 GTi 8v, will need wiring from the fusebox and the space for it next to the existing tank is tight but it does go in....... just, a bracket to support it will need to be fabricated too.

This kind of conversion should have only taken us 3-4 days but it started as a mk2 GTi to 1.8T, the customer changed his mind just as we had fitted the engine to the mk2, then the customer ran out of money mid way through the Caddy install, and it was the customer who bought this engine and there were hoses and sensors missing everywhere which we had to source.
Like I said, actual work on the car 4 days tops, thats drive in, drive out :cool:

Offline VonGrun

• Not said much yet
  • BOoM
« Reply #153 on: 03 July 2012, 16:07 »
Good work... Looking forward to my build