Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 626871 times)

Offline wigit

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #910 on: 18 September 2013, 22:25 »
had a mk6 1.4 TSI cabriolet for the day as wife's mk5 was on the dealers

Car feels underpowered with the 1.4, like the silhouette and always wish they did a Golf coupe (rather than rocco), refinement ok but scuttle shake is evident, not the most practical car

Offline AndyG

• Here all the time
« Reply #911 on: 26 September 2013, 20:09 »
I was gutted last week when I returned home to be told one of my alloys curbed whilst dropping son off.
Anyway picked up the refurbed wheel up today

Took it to Prestige Wheels in Stockport.Very impressed with their work.£110 it cost.
« Last Edit: 26 September 2013, 20:14 by AndyG »
Golf 7R,DSG,5 door White,leather,rear camera.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #912 on: 26 September 2013, 20:57 »
I was gutted last week when I returned home to be told one of my alloys curbed whilst dropping son off.
Anyway picked up the refurbed wheel up today

Took it to Prestige Wheels in Stockport.Very impressed with their work.£110 it cost.

Is it a show car?....I cant justify £100+ for small curbs marks like that, you can barely see it.
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline AndyG

• Here all the time
« Reply #913 on: 26 September 2013, 21:48 »
I just don't want a tatty car.I have had it since new and like keeping it that way.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #914 on: 26 September 2013, 21:56 »
Need to paint the rusty hub parts of the discs then  :wink: :drool:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline AndyG

• Here all the time
« Reply #915 on: 26 September 2013, 22:18 »
Your right.I have a tatty car :grin:  I'm surprised you didn't notice one of the nut covers are missing as well!
« Last Edit: 26 September 2013, 22:35 by AndyG »

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #916 on: 26 September 2013, 23:37 »
Your right.I have a tatty car :grin:  I'm surprised you didn't notice one of the nut covers are missing as well!

what would you do if you clipped the same wheel again next week?
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #917 on: 27 September 2013, 08:08 »

I think that £110 would make you be even more careful, but if it did happen again, I too would be straight round to the refurbers. I've got the tiniest bit of white worm forming on one of my Vancouvers. You can hardly see it and I'm suppressing it with a weekly blob of wax, but I'll still get the wheel refurbed when my winter wheels go on.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #918 on: 27 September 2013, 08:24 »

I think that £110 would make you be even more careful, but if it did happen again, I too would be straight round to the refurbers. I've got the tiniest bit of white worm forming on one of my Vancouvers. You can hardly see it and I'm suppressing it with a weekly blob of wax, but I'll still get the wheel refurbed when my winter wheels go on.

It's the one thing that I doesn't bother me that much - it happens.  Two of mine are kerbed but I'll probably only get them refurbed prior to selling it it or trading it in.   I can see the sense in getting damaged wheels refurbed when switching over to winter wheels though, so you have a nice pristine set to go back on in summer.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline AndyG

• Here all the time
« Reply #919 on: 27 September 2013, 17:29 »
If I was in the habit if kerbing wheels often obviously I wouldn't get them done but as this is the first and hopefully last time,£110 in 24 years ain't bad.I was only recommending a good repairer in the north west for fellow members,sorry.