Author Topic: MK 6 GTI on 5th Gear  (Read 30101 times)

Offline gc76

• GTI forum regular
Re: MK 6 GTI on 5th Gear
« Reply #30 on: 06 July 2009, 20:26 »
What a sh!t review. Dick Turpin??

At least they agree its the best GTI to date and best all round hot hatch  :grin: :grin:
Tornado Red 5 door GTI, DSG, Monza Shadows, Lux Pack, RCD510, Park Assist & FT indicator

"Sounds just like a Golf"

Offline gc76

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #31 on: 06 July 2009, 20:27 »
And have I said thats like mine  :wink:
Tornado Red 5 door GTI, DSG, Monza Shadows, Lux Pack, RCD510, Park Assist & FT indicator

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #32 on: 06 July 2009, 20:30 »
I kind of switched off during that 'review'. Why dick turpin, why not tell us a bit about the car and why get your facts wrong with the speed of the new car over the old one. No wonder people watch top gear.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline gc76

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #33 on: 06 July 2009, 20:32 »
I kind of switched off during that 'review'. Why dick turpin, why not tell us a bit about the car and why get your facts wrong with the speed of the new car over the old one. No wonder people watch top gear.

Yep, bolox review wasn't it

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 06 July 2009, 20:32 »
"the best alround hot hatch ever" we know that, that was a boring review tho, he never even gave it any welly

Exactly, he let white van man overtake him on the motorway.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #35 on: 06 July 2009, 20:33 »

Sure was. On a plus note, I'm ordering my car tomorrow.  :smiley:

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #36 on: 06 July 2009, 20:33 »
Very tame review,and did not even make any comparison to the rocco being as they said gti was obsolete now there was a new rocco out.
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline gc76

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #37 on: 06 July 2009, 20:33 »

What spec you getting

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #38 on: 06 July 2009, 20:38 »

What spec you getting

White manual, 18" Alloys, Full leather, xenons, rcd510 + dynaudio pack, winter pack and luxury pack.

I never realised till around 1 hr ago, but one of my works clients is Arnold Clark, and their VW garage is 15 mins away from me. I couldnt get hold of the top man in the area when I called so I nipped down to the garage. Soon as I mentioned his name and number the salesman just held his hands up, said whatever price 'Mr x' gives you we just work in a different way and you'll get a great deal through him directly as we do work for Arnold Clark. So I'm a tad excited about tomorrow when I call from work.
« Last Edit: 06 July 2009, 20:40 by VWKev »

Jkctr

« Reply #39 on: 06 July 2009, 20:41 »
Crap review! Couldnt even hear the exhaust note or anything

it looked worse than pictures show as well  :lipsrsealed: