Author Topic: *What size speakers are in a mk 4?*  (Read 1630 times)

Offline ANT_1

• GTI forum regular
*What size speakers are in a mk 4?*
« on: 24 February 2006, 00:31 »
As title..

want to change the standard speakers, i did have PG comps in my saxo which i wired in myself, took about a day to dynamat the whole bloody car and rewire them with good cable...

i assume the standard cable from the headunit it of half decent quality in the golf?

i will be amping them as well, basically just swapping my whole system over, even though i didnt want to its a load better than the standard one andi cant afford to buy a new set up yet.

Im going to do it properly this time though, last time i had interference and had to use a surpressor... and also, on turning off the ignition or the stereo there was a loud "thud" from the sub.... Ice place didnt know what it was as i paid them to put the power cable and fuse in.

ive currently got an alpine 9893 headunit and 12" db audio sub with a vibe 4* 100 watt amp, the sub is 600 wats but i only ran it off 200 watts, then had one channel each for the comps... anyone fitted thier own speakers up front that can give me some pointers... dont want rattles!

cheers guys

Offline gtisteve

• Not said much yet
Re: *What size speakers are in a mk 4?*
« Reply #1 on: 25 February 2006, 09:30 »
I think you can get 17cm to fit, but you will need adaptors from autoleads. I used them on my Mk4, but sold them on e-bay.... They adapt the cable and the "pod" inside the door.

Offline ANT_1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 25 February 2006, 19:02 »
confused.... :undecided:

Offline gtisteve

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 26 February 2006, 17:35 »
The standard speakers are very deep. Aftermarket speakers will not fit in the hole these create, you then need the autolead adaptors to fill the hole and allow the aftermarket speakers to fit. Check out their website, which will explain it better. www.autoleads.com