Author Topic: No mode button at gear area  (Read 10054 times)

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
Re: No mode button at gear area
« Reply #20 on: 15 March 2018, 12:54 »
It can be very difficult to find out. I used to import Merc SLK's - they were sourced from Denmark to precise UK spec and then shipped here and registered with DVLA as new. Very hard to tell they came via Denmark from the paperwork.

Offline Plodalong

• Just got here
« Reply #21 on: 28 March 2018, 19:27 »
Just to update.
Got to keep and Drive the 'import' until the dealer sorted a replacement. So put 800 miles on his car.
He has now got me a lovely 2016 GTI PP with 19" alloys, DCC and few other extras as a replacement.
Despite the hassle all has worked out well in the end. 😉
Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're probably right.
White 16 GTI PP.

Offline JHWP

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 29 March 2018, 12:58 »
Result. Glad to hear that this one worked out well or better for you as more often than not these kind of issues don't. Enjoy the your new wheels  :smiley:

Offline DanDuda48

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 31 March 2018, 00:55 »
<Very early Irish cars had terrible spec. Halogens, 17’s, no climate, no radar and a bunch of other stuff. This was dramatically changed from late 2014 onwards. Irish cars are now better spec’d than U.K.!>

In what sense? Can you be more specific, Joe?
2018 Golf GTI PP White Silver; DCC, Discover Pro; Lane Assist & DLA; Parking pack; Climate windscreen; rear tints.
2016 Golf GTD Oryx white; DCC; Tech pack [=Discover Pro + Dynaudio]; Sport & Sound; Lane Assist & DLA; Parking pack; Climate windscreen; rear tints

Offline Fabio Bignose

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #24 on: 31 March 2018, 08:34 »
Winter pack and Sat Nav not standard in Ireland.
I believe they are standard in UK?

In circumstances like these, Ireland could benefit from sharing a ‘common model’ with the UK as any unsold stock could be moved into the UK market without situations like these arising.
This cud also have the added benefit of giving ROI customers more choice of variants as no risk if model doesn’t sell well as cud easily be moved back into UK market.

VW range very narrow here.
Mk7.5 GTD. DCC, Keyless, Dynaudio, Tech pack, Alarm, Isaac Blue
Mk7 GTD. Xenons, 18", Climate Control, Keyless, Alarm, ( all optional in Ireland...! ) Dynaudio, DCC,
CSG.
Mk6 GTD. Alarm, CSG.

Offline DanDuda48

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 02 April 2018, 04:37 »
Yes, both Winter pack and 8" SatNav are standard on UK GTI/GTD. That's why Joe is talking non-sense... :-)
2018 Golf GTI PP White Silver; DCC, Discover Pro; Lane Assist & DLA; Parking pack; Climate windscreen; rear tints.
2016 Golf GTD Oryx white; DCC; Tech pack [=Discover Pro + Dynaudio]; Sport & Sound; Lane Assist & DLA; Parking pack; Climate windscreen; rear tints

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 02 April 2018, 12:24 »
I think Joe was talking about early mk7s not current ones.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Fabio Bignose

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #27 on: 02 April 2018, 16:44 »
ROI cars are always lower spec due to an import tax called VRT ( vehicle registration tax )

Features of the car considered to be ‘over and above’ standard spec are taxed resulting in artificially high prices.

For example; a UK spec 5 door GTI currently costs £29120 but is €38200 in Ireland and the current exchange rate is far more favorable than that.! And remember no Nav, winter pack or Alarm as standard on ROI cars....

It’s a protectionist measure to protect the car industry in Ireland from UK imports otherwise we’d all just go to N.I to buy cars.

Ultimately it reduces choice and value for ROI customers.
« Last Edit: 03 April 2018, 07:09 by Fabio Bignose »
Mk7.5 GTD. DCC, Keyless, Dynaudio, Tech pack, Alarm, Isaac Blue
Mk7 GTD. Xenons, 18", Climate Control, Keyless, Alarm, ( all optional in Ireland...! ) Dynaudio, DCC,
CSG.
Mk6 GTD. Alarm, CSG.

Offline DanDuda48

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 03 April 2018, 06:05 »
Early Mk7 GTI/GTDs had xenons & KESSY (besides Sat Nav; Winter Pack; Alarm).
So now trying to defend Joe you talk non-sense. :-)
And Fabio already explained to you WHY this is so...

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #29 on: 03 April 2018, 06:50 »
Early Mk7 GTI/GTDs had xenons & KESSY (besides Sat Nav; Winter Pack; Alarm).
So now trying to defend Joe you talk non-sense. :-)
And Fabio already explained to you WHY this is so...
Why the attitude? Do you think putting a stupid smiley face makes what you say ok??
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.