Author Topic: Golf GTI family to be expanded with GTD diesel, GTI Plus and R42 models  (Read 19197 times)

Peskarik

So "R42" is just figment of someone's imagination?  :sad: How rude and inconsiderate of him/her/them!  :sad:
Wouldn't it be nice if R42 was actually made... :tongue:

Peskarik

Again, don't think so.  The seven speed DSG has some serious limitiations in torque, and was specifically designed for much lower outputs than our current GTI.

TT, and how about that?
http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/228786/audi_s3_stronic.html

Offline neg

• I live here
Interesting - they must have altered the design for more powerful engine.

Just seen the S4 is getting a 3.0TFSI SC unit, although you should only buy the S-tronic version as its 224 on co2, the manual is 229 so hits the high tax band.

Offline Ollieb7

• I live here
  • B7 RS4 & 65 split,
Judging by VW's past performance they promise much only to disapoint. Then when they do they raise our hope with a 'limited' edition only for it to be slightly less than promised and then the buggers only go and make more. Synical - me - na, just burned!
Don't wait with baited breath boys the R42 will end up being for girls!  :wink:

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline neg

• I live here
Yeh maybe they put the W12 into production cus that would make sense in the currently climate ..  :laugh:

Offline deanjames

• Not said much yet

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed, ASK!
He was talking about the TT petrol engine, there will be a TT TDI at some point - think its in the new passat is it not...??

No he wasn't!  What part of "twin turbo TDI", or "twin turbo diesel" did you miss?  :rolleyes:

And there maybe, at some point in the future, a twin turbo diesel.  But it aint here yet.  And if it does get developed and produced, it will probably only be for larger cars, with larger engine bays, such as the Passat, and longitudinal Audis such as the A4 and above.
Sean - Independent Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
-----
'06/7 Golf Mk5 GTI 5dr (BWA) DSG, colour coded,

I feel like a homo

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed, ASK!

Again, don't think so.  The seven speed DSG has some serious limitiations in torque, and was specifically designed for much lower outputs than our current GTI.

TT, and how about that?
http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/228786/audi_s3_stronic.html

Well, this is news to me.  And based on Evos previous track record of failing to report factually (just like all motoring journos and mags) on "upcoming" cars - I'll reserve judgement until I see one in the flesh.  :rolleyes:

If it does materialise, then this will be a "third generation" DSG, because like I said in an earlier post, the current 2nd gen 7 speed DSG was specifically designed for much lower torque outputs.  Furthermore, because this 7-sp DSG uses a dry clutch, rather than the wet clutch in the 6-sp DSG, launch control will never be enabled - so I can't see S3 owners not being able to use launch control.  :smug:
Sean - Independent Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
-----
'06/7 Golf Mk5 GTI 5dr (BWA) DSG, colour coded,

I feel like a homo