Author Topic: MK1 GX project - Up for sale  (Read 53889 times)

Offline shepgti

• I live here
Re: MK1 GX project (pic heavy)
« Reply #100 on: 03 November 2010, 11:54 »
well as soundillusion is putting me to shame :embarassed: i thought i'd at least change the wheels :smug:

wheel storage in action

Offline lewis1641

• I live here
  • stuck in the 90's
« Reply #101 on: 03 November 2010, 14:29 »
just read through this. i have a beetle in my back yard that is full of wheels!

keep up the work

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #102 on: 03 November 2010, 14:36 »
I like those wheels, very shiny.   :cool: fook me, how many other wheels have you got!.... inside of mine doesn't look much beter to be fair though!  :lipsrsealed:

Do you cover this car???... i'm concerned about your sunroof mate if you dont.. water will just go in that skin and start making its way to more vulnerable places!

Shaun

Offline shepgti

• I live here
« Reply #103 on: 03 November 2010, 15:02 »
I like those wheels, very shiny.   :cool: fook me, how many other wheels have you got!.... inside of mine doesn't look much beter to be fair though!  :lipsrsealed:

Do you cover this car???... i'm concerned about your sunroof mate if you dont.. water will just go in that skin and start making its way to more vulnerable places!

Shaun

shes coverd shaun dont panic  :wink: am keeping an eye out for a mk2 sunroof though  :smiley:

i really want to make a start on chopping out the rot but cant really start until i get the repair panels to mesure up wheres the best place to make the cuts

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #104 on: 03 November 2010, 15:25 »
just read through this. i have a beetle in my back yard that is full of wheels!

keep up the work

said beetle; is it a rotter or a project? sorry for the threadjack

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #105 on: 03 November 2010, 15:56 »

Shaun

shes coverd shaun dont panic  :wink: am keeping an eye out for a mk2 sunroof though  :smiley:

i really want to make a start on chopping out the rot but cant really start until i get the repair panels to mesure up wheres the best place to make the cuts

Phew thats OK then..... .. sounds sensible, Have you ordered any yet?

Offline shepgti

• I live here
« Reply #106 on: 03 November 2010, 15:59 »
um not yet, may order some next week depending on what bills ive got this week. think ill start of with one side and get a sill repair and innner rear arch maybe an out aswell :evil:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #107 on: 03 November 2010, 16:16 »
um not yet, may order some next week depending on what bills ive got this week. think ill start of with one side and get a sill repair and innner rear arch maybe an out aswell :evil:
  Can't wait!  :smiley:

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #108 on: 03 November 2010, 16:31 »
Reapair kist. How they save so many vws. Good car though. Look forward to the rest of the thread

Offline shepgti

• I live here
« Reply #109 on: 28 January 2011, 23:57 »
After selling a set of wheels tonight ive finally orderd my first REPAIR PANEL! ive orderd the RHS sill for the moment so we'll see how things go! :evil: