Author Topic: mk1 golf g60 exhaust manifold  (Read 3861 times)

Offline raferackstraw

• I live here
mk1 golf g60 exhaust manifold
« on: 16 September 2014, 19:47 »
hi guys
i am after a stainless steel exhaust manifold for a g60 in a mk1. now vw heritage list a 4 branch manifold for a mk1 gti and a g60 manifold for a mk2.
can anyone tell me for definite whether the mk1 8v gti manifold will match up to the g60 engine? are all 8v blocks the same?
i dont think the mk2 one would give the clearances from the drive shafts or arb.

any advice is welcome thanks guys

wayne gardner smokes one rothmans too many
500cc 2stroke bad for ya health

roberto

Re: mk1 golf g60 exhaust manifold
« Reply #1 on: 17 September 2014, 18:05 »
mk1 manifold would be spot on as mk1 gti and g60 are the same basic head/block castings.

Offline Ben@VWH

• Forum Supporter
  • GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 23 September 2014, 12:54 »
A mk1 8v item will match up perfectly to a G60. Its actually the same cylinder head casting but with the addition of sodium filled exhaust valves and a different camshaft profile.

Offline raferackstraw

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 23 November 2014, 20:46 »
@ben
yep manifold fitted a treat but... the guy who fitted it said that the joining pieces in the jetex kit were not a great fit so a bit of welding was needed.
the whole system is great but i have lost power, the car is still bonkers quick but has lost that snap throttle response,
the old manifold was actually ok the rattling was from the 2 inner runners touching each other, not sure why it has lost power but the old manifold seems more free flowing i.e it has a larger collector where the 4 runners meet.

next up is the charger rebuild, with possibly going to a g65 and an lsd, lsd is a must 

wayne gardner smokes one rothmans too many
500cc 2stroke bad for ya health