Author Topic: CIS conversion to EFI  (Read 6124 times)

Offline chezz

• Not said much yet
CIS conversion to EFI
« on: 01 September 2013, 12:26 »
Is this possible on the MK1's? ...If so,how do you convert the injector housing over...I was curious to know if injector inserts, part no. 034 133 555 can be used to solve the problem?

Offline gazareth

• I live here
Re: CIS conversion to EFI
« Reply #1 on: 01 September 2013, 16:26 »
you can buy injector seats to adapt to efi. not sure of part numbers but I think tsr do them. probably other places to.

Offline chezz

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 02 September 2013, 21:04 »
http://www.not2fast.com/VAG/InjectorCup.html
These are what I require...have you guys encountered them on here, Later Golfs Maybe?

Offline chezz

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 04 September 2013, 19:17 »
It's not the availability of these components that I am interested in, it's the suitability for use as an option to the brass CIS insert... So, nobody on here has gone from CIS to EFI with a standalone ECU and installed thes babies?

Offline gazareth

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 04 September 2013, 20:20 »
the black ones in the pic are definitely mk2 gti efi inserts so if you remove your cis inserts and measure them and they are 22mm diameter then the black ones should fit. according to the table pre 84 had 24mm inserts. I take it yours is post 84?

Offline chezz

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 04 September 2013, 22:54 »
I think I need to explain that I am kind of scavenging information from as many VW sources as possible, for my Audi 10v 5 cyl, KV Eaton M45 supercharging project - basically, a 5 cyl version of the early Golf CIS, hence, my presence on here! I need to convert to EFI and I would be gratefull for any assistance from your members, to overcome this small hurdle.
I think the best way forward, will be to compare the thread sizes of the CIS Audi brass inserts and see if the are the same thread pitch as the 22mm black inserts
Cheers!

Offline gazareth

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 04 September 2013, 23:18 »
yeah that's the best way. why not buy one insert just so you can double check. then if its right buy another 4. surely they are not that pricey?

Offline gazareth

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 04 September 2013, 23:21 »
infact I have an efi head at work. if I remember tomorrow I will pull an insert and measure it.

Offline chezz

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 05 September 2013, 07:03 »
Cheers Fella

Offline gazareth

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 05 September 2013, 17:58 »
hey measured an insert today for you. it was 22mm diameter with a thread pitch of 1.5mm. they are the shorter black ones in the pics and the number on it was 037 133 555. hope this clears it up for you man.