Author Topic: 4 months in - fuel consumption  (Read 3035 times)

Offline Toon

• Not said much yet
4 months in - fuel consumption
« on: 13 April 2018, 15:17 »
I've had my 7.5 Performance DSG 4 months now and covered 10,500 miles. This is my 5th GTI in 20 years so am pretty used to the fuel consumption expectations.

However, the results of this new 7 speed DSG box that delivers 2,000RPM at 80MPH on a motorway are pretty impressive :

Total miles : 10,440
Average miles/month : 2610
Average MPG over this period : 38.2

Gotta be happy with that.

« Last Edit: 13 April 2018, 15:20 by Toon »
Mk 7.5 Performance | DSG | 19" Brescia | Atlantic Blue | 5 door

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: 4 months in - fuel consumption
« Reply #1 on: 13 April 2018, 16:27 »
Doesn't look too shabby either! :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline AmbushReality

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 13 April 2018, 22:38 »
That's a fair old amount of miles done in 4 months, good going!

Offline maxie

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 14 April 2018, 10:26 »
gees i've only done 1000 miles and i've had it almost 6months.. granted steering was a problem for the first 4 or so though.. i'm averaging high 20s but i'm mostly around town, but that will change with the weather..  i went manchester and back the other day and averaged 65mph (with bloody roadworks) and 45mpg :)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 14 April 2018, 13:56 »
gees i've only done 1000 miles and i've had it almost 6months.. granted steering was a problem for the first 4 or so though.. i'm averaging high 20s but i'm mostly around town, but that will change with the weather..  i went manchester and back the other day and averaged 65mph (with bloody roadworks) and 45mpg :)

How did you resolve the steering issue maxie?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline maxie

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 14 April 2018, 15:57 »

hiya, i have to use a steering ball to steer and most are clamped on with the ball on the inside of the wheel but i managed to find 1 where it's clamped the same but the part i hold onto is on the outside giving me an extra 2-3 inch of leverage. it's not perfect but its workable until vw bring out a code etc.. :) (i just have to be careful not to get my belly in the wway..lol)  :)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 14 April 2018, 16:45 »

hiya, i have to use a steering ball to steer and most are clamped on with the ball on the inside of the wheel but i managed to find 1 where it's clamped the same but the part i hold onto is on the outside giving me an extra 2-3 inch of leverage. it's not perfect but its workable until vw bring out a code etc.. :) (i just have to be careful not to get my belly in the wway..lol)  :)

Good news! Glad you're getting to enjoy your car finally :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 14 April 2018, 22:46 »
Those wheels look so much better than the standard ones. :cool:
Current: Golf GTD MK7  3 door manual carbon grey.