Author Topic: New maf...Now I have a new error with new code of 00516  (Read 4595 times)

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
I have fitted a new maf (due to a huge flat spot and testing using the unplugging the maf with no change) and seem to have another issue..the car tries/does stall (revs drop to 500rpm for a second before picking up or stalling!) when coming off the gas but usually it settles again within seconds (I will state this is the second gsf maf I have fitted as they replaced the original when the stalling started)

I did a code scan earlier this week(prior to refitting) and it had no codes....and today after fitting it came up with
00516 Throttle Position Sensor - Closed Switch -F60
I have cleaned the code and I have disconnected the new maf (it feels dangerous stalling!) and the new scan confirms
00520 Volume Mass Air Flow Sensor -G19ig70

Should I reconnect and see what codes show? or does the 00516 give enough info on where to go next?
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
Re: New maf...Now I have a new error with new code of 00516
« Reply #1 on: 18 April 2010, 22:29 »
has 00516 come back yet?

prior to last weeks scan and 00516, when was the last scan?

When my TPS went I would loose acceleration and revs would sit at 1100rpm, no matter how much I dipped the throttle - even releasing the throttle!
I never had vag com back then so didn't find what the code was.

With the new maf plugged in do you get any codes?
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
« Reply #2 on: 19 April 2010, 00:05 »
it gave the 00516 with the new maf plugged in...and she was back firing with this connected! I scanned on Thursday with the old maf connected and it had 0 codes, then i scanned today after fitting the new maf and it came with the 00516 (with the maf plugged in...I erased this code) and then i rescanned with the maf unplugged and 00520 showed up only

I am going to plug it back in and subject to it not stalling all the time i will give it a good drive and then rescan....
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #3 on: 19 April 2010, 13:24 »
Ross Tech's wiki has nothing on these 2 codes
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Category:Fault_Codes

:sad:

How much is a new TPS for your car? Mine was between £50-£80 depending on the dealer, I got it on ebay for 1/2 that  :grin:
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.