Author Topic: Remaps  (Read 4892 times)

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
Re: Remaps
« Reply #10 on: 16 January 2019, 08:55 »
RRP who are close to me offer a pretty smooth power delivery on the 7.5 performance. 330hp 385lb/ft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72QfkWagkRM

What I find promising is that the 7.5’s I’ve heard of being roaded have all come back with significant stock power outputs, way over the quoted figures from VW. I know VW have always been conservative, but these are consistently way above quoted.  :smiley:

SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 16 January 2019, 09:28 »
Impressive power from a stage 1, imagine must have a few extra bits such as filter and high flow pipes to make 330.

But jeez, their website is truly awful, they don't even have the 245ps model listed  :rolleyes:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline 7MAT

• Forum Supporter
  • GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 16 January 2019, 09:50 »
I ordered the VW Racingline OEM+ Stage 1 software in the Black Friday sale.

Not yet installed as I'm looking to get a sach clutch installed first.

My dealer has been speaking to the mapper at Racingline and he has agreed to add switchable exhaust pops and crackles for me.

MK7.5 Golf GTI Performance, 3 door, Issac Blue, DCC, Manual. Racingline Stage 1 OEM+, Remus Exhaust system, Sache Performance Clutch.

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 16 January 2019, 12:54 »
RRP who are close to me offer a pretty smooth power delivery on the 7.5 performance. 330hp 385lb/ft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72QfkWagkRM

What I find promising is that the 7.5’s I’ve heard of being roaded have all come back with significant stock power outputs, way over the quoted figures from VW. I know VW have always been conservative, but these are consistently way above quoted.  :smiley:

Do you have any links to this info? Would probably explain why my mk7.5 245 feels a lot quicker than my MK7 230 PP?
Sold - Octavia 2.0 PD Tdi. Shark remap. EGR Delete. Decat. H&R Shocks. Hybrid Turbo.

Sold - 2016 GTI PP, Manual. Pure White. Keyless.

Current - GTI Performance, DSG, Isaac Blue, Brescia 19”.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 16 January 2019, 13:39 »
From figures I’ve seen over the last five years the GTI’s often put out a bit more than the stated power yet the R’s seem to come in around the published figures on the more respected rolling roads.

It’s no use looking at the graphs and seeing the standard GTI putting out 260 or whatever power then the mapped car showing 330. 
Rolling road figures vary remarkably from one place to another and the operator has a bearing on this too.
Tuners need to advertise so they like to massage the figures to make theirs look the best.
The only thing you should be looking at is the actual gain between stock and modified, not the headline figures. The latter can be manipulated.

You also want to know what development went into the map. How close are their settings to the tolerances of the standard engine and gearbox parts? How smoothly does it drive?

I’ve had over a dozen remapped cars in my time and all tunes are not equal.

I’m not one for watching YouTube vids normally and I’ve been to a couple rolling road days in the past, plus stood shivering with cold next to my own cars on the rollers when having custom maps, it’s normally a tedious experience!
The RRP vid was actually really well produced and filmed, it made a dull event quite entertaining, so well done to them for that at least!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline mike roberts

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 16 January 2019, 14:24 »
Superchips are looking for a 7.5GTi to develop their map I understand. Apparently they give you a courtesy car and the map is FOC but they'd need to confirm that as it's just what I've been told..

Superchips developed the M135i solution on my old car, this is pretty much correct.
'18 245PP DSG

Offline mike roberts

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 16 January 2019, 14:30 »
I have a Q.

In the 7.5 the difference between vanilla and PP GTI mapping, or bigger turbo?

Was this the same in the 7?
'18 245PP DSG

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 16 January 2019, 14:42 »
I have a Q.

In the 7.5 the difference between vanilla and PP GTI mapping, or bigger turbo?

Was this the same in the 7?

Mapping on the mk7 230 PP so will assume the same for the 245 as the GTI engine and turbo has much headroom.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline mike roberts

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 16 January 2019, 14:51 »
And Clubsport ED40, is that mapping or hardware?
'18 245PP DSG

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 16 January 2019, 16:05 »
The Ed40 uses the R engine and turbo.
The Leon Cupra (which again uses the R/S3 engine) used to be available in 265 and 290 PS tunes which is what the Clubsport runs. Good old VW parts bins and saves development costs on a very limited run car.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner