Author Topic: £10 and only 30 miles  (Read 8667 times)

Offline (shakey)

• I live here
  • IS STILL SICK ABOUT CRASHING ME 1.8T AFTER 2 YEARS
£10 and only 30 miles
« on: 07 March 2008, 19:51 »
rite i put £10 in today and only got 30 miles i was keeping to the speed limit didnt put my foot down once,
i had it remapped  2 wks ago now,and put 18" wheels on,not really noticed it till i put that £10 in today.
is that bad and if so what is wrong with it,because i think i should be getting better consumption than that i hope so anyway :sick:

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
Re: £10 and only 30 miles
« Reply #1 on: 07 March 2008, 19:57 »
rite i put £10 in today and only got 30 miles i was keeping to the speed limit didnt put my foot down once,
i had it remapped  2 wks ago now,and put 18" wheels on,not really noticed it till i put that £10 in today.
is that bad and if so what is wrong with it,because i think i should be getting better consumption than that i hope so anyway :sick:

Seems that somthing is very wrong TBH. You should be getting double that!! Get it plugged into vag com asap - Could be a number of things.

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline (shakey)

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 07 March 2008, 20:32 »

Seems that somthing is very wrong TBH. You should be getting double that!! Get it plugged into vag com asap - Could be a number of things.
you say a number of thing like what thow how bad can it be.

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
« Reply #3 on: 07 March 2008, 20:36 »

Maf sensor? O2 sensor? Throttle body dirty? Temp sender?  When was it last serviced?

Offline (shakey)

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 07 March 2008, 20:46 »

Maf sensor? O2 sensor? Throttle body dirty? Temp sender?  When was it last serviced?
i done it myself about 500 miles

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
« Reply #5 on: 07 March 2008, 20:51 »

Sounds like your maf sensor to me. But as i say you really need to get it plugged in to know.

Offline (shakey)

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 07 March 2008, 20:54 »

Sounds like your maf sensor to me. But as i say you really need to get it plugged in to know.
ok tar mt8 wil go see my mt8 tomorrow,where can i download vagcom software off so i can learn to do it myself.

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
« Reply #7 on: 07 March 2008, 20:57 »

ok tar mt8 wil go see my mt8 tomorrow,where can i download vagcom software off so i can learn to do it myself.

http://www.ross-tech.com/
 You can download a free version here. You will need a lead - You will also have limited functions with the free one tho.
HTH

Offline mk4Martin

• Here all the time
  • Midlands VW
« Reply #8 on: 07 March 2008, 20:58 »
my maf went and thats the sort of return i was getting . rich is right in saying that you should be getting double that

Offline (shakey)

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 07 March 2008, 21:02 »
my maf went and thats the sort of return i was getting . rich is right in saying that you should be getting double that
if it was the maf how much am i lookin at for a new one.