Author Topic: GTI Mk8 - Would you wait?  (Read 16525 times)

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: GTI Mk8 - Would you wait?
« Reply #10 on: 23 August 2018, 19:38 »
I’d expect we'll start seeing images of the non-performance models towards the back end of next year.

Sooner than that. The first mk8 Golfs are due to be built June next year.

I believe (perhaps mistakenly) that the Mk8 will be premiered at the Frankfurt Auto show in September next year, although you could be correct in that we may see some press images before then.
7.5 GTD

Offline trueblue_ips

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 23 August 2018, 20:10 »
End of June 19 for the very first builds but these would be for the left hand drive market to start with presumably?
I reckon it'll be summer 2020 before we see the Mk8 GTIs.
Still tempted to wait though.
I could buy a 7.5 in Mar 2019 or wait one more year and get the Mk8.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 23 August 2018, 20:36 »
End of June 19 for the very first builds but these would be for the left hand drive market to start with presumably?

Or have a look on Autotrader at all the 2018 plates, save a fortune and get one now!!  :grin:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 23 August 2018, 21:08 »

Yes first cars will be LHD, our RHD's will follow a few months after.

Without wanting to actively discourage you from waiting, early Mk6 orders suffered ridiculously long lead times (6+ months), early Mk7 orders lead times weren't quite as bad but there was lots of misinformation about build dates and VW cocked up the specs so people were trying to order and didn’t actually know what the standard spec was supposed to be.

Still, if you're one of the early adopters, please let us know what problems to look out for  :grin:
7.5 GTD

Offline Madpig

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 23 August 2018, 22:59 »

Or have a look on Autotrader at all the 2018 plates, save a fortune and get one now!!  :grin:

There might be loads on Autotrader but they’re all DSG and I want a manual!!

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 24 August 2018, 06:39 »
Would anyone be able to post a link directly to 2018 GTIs on Autotrader? Sorry, but I'm darned if I can find 'em, ta.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 24 August 2018, 06:45 »
Would anyone be able to post a link directly to 2018 GTIs on Autotrader? Sorry, but I'm darned if I can find 'em, ta.

Have you ever been on Autotrader before?!

Go into the app or desktop.

Make: Vw
Model: Golf
Variant: GTI Performance
Min year : 2018

Press Search.

Results - 111 cars nationwide (Of which 27 are manual for the previous comment).

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
« Reply #17 on: 24 August 2018, 07:04 »
I have, of course. I don't get the 'variant' option you suggest. When I search 'GTI' I do get GTIs but, filtering from 'newest' only get used ones. I was after a GTI not a GTI PP and hoping to track down stock cars/pre reg cars out there. There are a couple on Carwow but there must be more than that.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 24 August 2018, 08:36 »
I have, of course. I don't get the 'variant' option you suggest. When I search 'GTI' I do get GTIs but, filtering from 'newest' only get used ones. I was after a GTI not a GTI PP and hoping to track down stock cars/pre reg cars out there. There are a couple on Carwow but there must be more than that.

If you're using latest version, you can drop down of variant so just shows GTI Performance, GTI etc.

There are 44 normal 2018 GTIs. Out of interest, why wouldn't you want the Performance model?
NOW - 330e M Sport

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
« Reply #19 on: 24 August 2018, 09:18 »
Thanks Jim - I don't get the variant option that you refer to and can't find any new GTIs. I'm looking at autotrader.co.uk so I assume that is the latest version.

For me, PP = increased purchase/fuel/insurance costs and more noise. Haven't ruled it out completely but would prefer the standard model.