Author Topic: OBD11 Torque Restriction question  (Read 6437 times)

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: OBD11 Torque Restriction question
« Reply #30 on: 09 June 2018, 19:07 »
I'm sure it'll all go perfectly  :wink:

Total instal timenof 1hour 45mins no broken clips no led issues and all sounds fkn fabulous app connect installed AND my rear squeek issue resolved....happy days

Any of u lads want ur sub installed with no broken clips and a perfect job start to finish give me a shout 😉

Bravo Jeni  :smiley:

Has the app connect lived up to expectations?
7.5 GTD

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #31 on: 09 June 2018, 19:11 »

Total instal timenof 1hour 45mins no broken clips no led issues and all sounds fkn fabulous app connect installed AND my rear squeek issue resolved....happy days

Any of u lads want ur sub installed with no broken clips and a perfect job start to finish give me a shout 😉

Bravo Jeni  :smiley:

Has the app connect lived up to expectations?

Not quite i expected it to mirror my fone with android auto and mirror link neither do but it does play my whats app messages and spotify so that works however it foes not make the voice cont on my wheel work

Overall im pleased eill have a better fiddle with the aa 2moro im off to have my 2nd can of magners and a hot bath !

😉

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #32 on: 09 June 2018, 19:29 »

Good work Jeni, enjoy that bass!
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #33 on: 09 June 2018, 22:16 »
s however it foes not make the voice cont on my wheel work

Once you have got AA running.... do a LONG press of the voice command button on the wheel...

A short one is to activate the VW voice system (which you don't have) but a long one should trigger AA...

PS well done with the fit. Are you free next weekend to sort mine out? :D
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #34 on: 10 June 2018, 07:08 »

Once you have got AA running.... do a LONG press of the voice command button on the wheel...

A short one is to activate the VW voice system (which you don't have) but a long one should trigger AA...

Will try this today i dont want to have to touch the mic on the hu display sort of defeats the purpose and saying ok google doesnt always trigger a response 🤔

Amdd i would love to fred however this weekend i have Tough Mudder then my ftont speakers to upgrade on Sunday 😁 next time ur up in Scotland give me a shout a case of Cidrè will cover ur instal cost 😉 on another note i called to get an instal cost from 2 ice places one was £287+vat the othrr didnt know how to instal 😳 moral of this story dont bother changing or DIY

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #35 on: 10 June 2018, 22:26 »

Hey Fred

That worked a treat on thr steering wheel today thanks for that

Can i ask, on aa how do you access other apps ? Ive downloaded youtubeauto and have set it up as per guidance however when i connect to the car there is no option to select other apps note that i am tryingbto get this to work for kids not me !

Any ideas when i click the wee button to the right all i get is 'return to volkswagen'🙄

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #36 on: 11 June 2018, 07:29 »
What sort of app is it? Audio or Nav?

If you have extra audio or navigation apps loaded on your phone you'll see a downward pointing arrow next to the icons at the bottom of the AA screen. Hold down (nav or audio) icons and up will pop a list of the things you can choose from.

I have TuneIn internet radio, BBC Radio IPlayer and Wayz installed and that's how you swap between them.

A bit not obvious!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #37 on: 11 June 2018, 10:13 »
Ahhh I have just realised what you are talking about...

Youtubeauto got renamed "Carstream"

Here is the author's development page:

https://github.com/thekirankumar/carstream-android-auto

Last comment "Apr 2018 : Google has blocked all custom apps on Android Auto, hence this app won't work anymore."

Sorry, it won't work.

(Previously it needed all sort of things doing to make it work, because it wasn't a Google Play published application, because Google didn't like it for a number of reasons!)

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #38 on: 11 June 2018, 10:52 »
Ahhh I have just realised what you are talking about...

Youtubeauto got renamed "Carstream"

Here is the author's development page:

https://github.com/thekirankumar/carstream-android-auto

Last comment "Apr 2018 : Google has blocked all custom apps on Android Auto, hence this app won't work anymore."

Sorry, it won't work.

(Previously it needed all sort of things doing to make it work, because it wasn't a Google Play published application, because Google didn't like it for a number of reasons!)

Thats the one - yeah i read that earlier i am going to try Mirrorlink see if that allows it as youtube can be played through the rockscout app i believe