Author Topic: Booth11  (Read 1578 times)

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
Booth11
« on: 22 November 2017, 12:54 »
Rebecca

One question i am on sSlims doing an order and plan getting a clay bar and fallout - after this is done and washed to i apply sealant and then wax or just one or the other as both are the same ???

Sorry for the stupid question but i cant remember what you said before other than if i use a fallout i MUST remember to seal and protect again afterwards  :rolleyes:

TIA

Jen

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: Booth11
« Reply #1 on: 22 November 2017, 16:59 »
Rebecca

One question i am on sSlims doing an order and plan getting a clay bar and fallout - after this is done and washed to i apply sealant and then wax or just one or the other as both are the same ???

Sorry for the stupid question but i cant remember what you said before other than if i use a fallout i MUST remember to seal and protect again afterwards  :rolleyes:

TIA

Jen

Hi Jen,

Any decontamination stage, be it iron/fallout removal, tar removal or claying, will strip protection.  So once you’ve done your fallout stage and followed with the claying, wash the car again and then protect.  Whether you apply a sealant and a wax or one or the other is entirely up to you, and may depend on what you are choosing as protection.  So whether its sealant or wax or both, the important thing is to protect and to apply protection to a very clean car.  Prep is everything.  HTH.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11