Author Topic: steering  (Read 9853 times)

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
Re: steering
« Reply #10 on: 22 November 2017, 14:21 »
Where are you?
I am all over SE and Midlands with work.
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline maxie

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 22 November 2017, 17:40 »
Where are you?
I am all over SE and Midlands with work.

hiya, i live in stoke-on-trent.. i'm thinking about buying the obd11 pro then (hopefully) i'll be better off :)

just not sure what to get and where from.

my tyre pressures are good all checked today :)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #12 on: 22 November 2017, 17:49 »
Dongle and Pro sw, direct from the vendor.

Its the only way I think.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline maxie

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 22 November 2017, 17:58 »

i've just thought of a problem, i don't have a smart phone as mine is only used in emergencies so it's a 15 year old samsung.

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #14 on: 22 November 2017, 18:59 »
That would be a problem indeed.

If you are after a VCDS cable and laptop to do the change I currently got one for sale, though admittedly that's quite a bit more:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192363565095?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 22 November 2017, 19:03 »

i've just thought of a problem, i don't have a smart phone as mine is only used in emergencies so it's a 15 year old samsung.

That gets me asking the question how good are you with tech? I'm in Solihull and have an OBDeleven pro so it might be easier to meet up and sort it out. Not sure about this week but next week I could do it.

That's providing that it can be done with OBDeleven that is as I don't have VCDS Also think of any other stuff you might want changing and I can sort it out at the same time.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline maxie

• Here all the time
« Reply #16 on: 22 November 2017, 21:57 »

That gets me asking the question how good are you with tech? I'm in Solihull and have an OBDeleven pro so it might be easier to meet up and sort it out. Not sure about this week but next week I could do it.

That's providing that it can be done with OBDeleven that is as I don't have VCDS Also think of any other stuff you might want changing and I can sort it out at the same time.

yeah TBH i think it's a bad idea me trying to sort it as i'm a bit of a tech dummy anyways :( i think its only possible through vcds anyways. so i'll figure summut :)  thanks :)

Offline maxie

• Here all the time
« Reply #17 on: 23 November 2017, 11:11 »
so i've been searching the net and been in touch with vw head office and i should have comfort in the steering settings so i'm off to vw tomorrow to check it out :)

granted this is a CS with the other entertainment system but still the option is there unlike on mine... does anyone else have the comfort option in their individual settings? (gti pp 7.5) thanks.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #18 on: 23 November 2017, 11:25 »
Just been and checked my 7.5 GTD.... I have only normal and sport for steering in individual mode....
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline maxie

• Here all the time
« Reply #19 on: 23 November 2017, 11:32 »
Just been and checked my 7.5 GTD.... I have only normal and sport for steering in individual mode....

thanks, apparently there should be a comfort settting so tbh not sure what's what.. :)