Author Topic: Clubsport Edition 40  (Read 4496 times)

Offline clubsport

• I live here
Re: Clubsport Edition 40
« Reply #10 on: 14 November 2017, 12:38 »
At the end of Aug before the Sept "67 reg" changeover, an Essex VW dealer had a couple of white 5 door CS with practically delivery mileage up for £25.5k.   I was very tempted, but the spec was base for a CS and the lack of heated seats put me off.

I bought one of these a few weeks ago for £24500. It is pretty basic apart from Discovery Pro/Dyno and the all important DGS. I'm pretty chuffed with the car and the deal, in fact I'm very chuffed. I can live without heated seats as it's not leather, otherwise that might have also been a deal breaker for me too.

You did well, the ones I enquired about were manual with basic nav..... when you say " the all important DGS", are you referring to the paddle shift auto gearbox (DSG) or is this a new acronym?

Considering the extra cost of the auto box, if that is what you have, that along with pro-nav means you literally stole the car! Well done!

Offline Little Lofty

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 14 November 2017, 14:43 »
At the end of Aug before the Sept "67 reg" changeover, an Essex VW dealer had a couple of white 5 door CS with practically delivery mileage up for £25.5k.   I was very tempted, but the spec was base for a CS and the lack of heated seats put me off.

I bought one of these a few weeks ago for £24500. It is pretty basic apart from Discovery Pro/Dyno and the all important DGS. I'm pretty chuffed with the car and the deal, in fact I'm very chuffed. I can live without heated seats as it's not leather, otherwise that might have also been a deal breaker for me too.

You did well, the ones I enquired about were manual with basic nav..... when you say " the all important DGS", are you referring to the paddle shift auto gearbox (DSG) or is this a new acronym?

Considering the extra cost of the auto box, if that is what you have, that along with pro-nav means you literally stole the car! Well done!

Yes sorry, having a dyslexic moment there, :grin:
The car was advertised as manual but the photos showed it was DSG, I ran the reg through Autotrader to see what transmission it had and it came back as a Peugeot 308  :laugh: A call to the dealership confirmed it was auto (he had to actually look in the car as his details also said manual) and that they had put the wrong reg plate on it (no wonder dealers get a bad name) I promptly put down a deposit and picked it up a week later. It replaces a 2016 M3 Competition Pack so it had a lot to live up to, I'm genuniely impressed with it so far, it's a cracking all rounder.
Alfa Four Cheese

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 14 November 2017, 17:49 »

Yes sorry, having a dyslexic moment there, :grin:
The car was advertised as manual but the photos showed it was DSG, I ran the reg through Autotrader to see what transmission it had and it came back as a Peugeot 308  :laugh: A call to the dealership confirmed it was auto (he had to actually look in the car as his details also said manual) and that they had put the wrong reg plate on it (no wonder dealers get a bad name) I promptly put down a deposit and picked it up a week later. It replaces a 2016 M3 Competition Pack so it had a lot to live up to, I'm genuniely impressed with it so far, it's a cracking all rounder.

My sister has agreed to sell me hers for €25k next March/April and it will have about 3-5k on the clock. She has a red 3 door dsg with every option except sunroof. I thought I was getting a cracking deal, not too sure now.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 14 November 2017, 17:54 »
£24,500 seems like a very good buy, but I would say £25k is still good if it has every extra other than a sunroof.  I suppose it depends on how you rate all the extras and how long you think you'll keep it?  I would probably plumb for the latter, but only just.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 14 November 2017, 18:01 »
£24,500 seems like a very good buy, but I would say £25k is still good if it has every extra other than a sunroof.  I suppose it depends on how you rate all the extras and how long you think you'll keep it?  I would probably plumb for the latter, but only just.

Forgot to say it also has an APR stage 1 on it.

Offline Little Lofty

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 14 November 2017, 18:11 »
Prices are all over the place,  I'm sick of loosing big bucks on cars so once I decided what I wanted I just went for the cheapest available. I don't do big miles as my daily driver is a Transit (with heated seats :) ) so I wasn't too fussed about spec, I didn't even know it had pro nav until the salesman sent me a video. I got a good deal and the car shouldn't cost me too much over the year or so I keep it, which will make a nice change.
Alfa Four Cheese

Offline Mikey27

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 14 November 2017, 19:01 »
I don't know where these deals were for around £25k as I extensively searched autotrader, desperate seller, all the VW dealerships, eBay, pistonheads etc & the best I could see was a 17 plate with circa 6k miles at £26,680 or something. I had the cash & there was very little wriggle room on asking price & believe me I went in low on a few & they wouldn't budge much, so in my experience cash is not king.

Anyways bought the car, couldn't take away today as there was a small blemish on the front left alloy which looked like a manufacturing fault the dealer will fix but other than that, the car has 47 miles on the clock, dry stored & can't wait to actually drive it.

Offline ed30James

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 14 November 2017, 19:12 »
You won’t be disappointed I absolutely love mine. I do a15,000 miles a year and am enjoying my driving again, every journey is a joy and there are always a few miles to enjoy the extra power in third gear and up.

Enjoy it
Edition 40 Number 664

Previously Edition 30 Number 2269

Offline Mikey27

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 14 November 2017, 19:28 »
Cheers buddy, disappointed I couldn't drive away today but soon enough! Car looks much better in the flesh than in photos eh!

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 14 November 2017, 19:30 »
Anyways bought the car, couldn't take away today as there was a small blemish on the front left alloy which looked like a manufacturing fault the dealer will fix but other than that, the car has 47 miles on the clock, dry stored & can't wait to actually drive it.

Did the mark look anything like this below? I noticed a mark on one of my wheels and booked it in for the dealer to have a look and apparently I need to go to specsavers because all the wheels have marks like it and they are getting replaced this week.