Author Topic: Clubsport Edition 40  (Read 4504 times)

Offline Mikey27

• Not said much yet
Re: Clubsport Edition 40
« Reply #20 on: 14 November 2017, 19:38 »
It was a teardrop shape on Quaranta alloy silver bit, that's the best I can describe it! Looked like they'd lacquered over an imperfection, wasn't a kerb in gas too small & neat. Should have taken a picture but didn't.

Offline WD-40

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 15 November 2017, 09:52 »
I bought mine in August and prices ranged from (at the time) £26,736 for the two Essex cars to about £35k for a couple of unregistered examples.

I also noticed that in a lot of cases, a number of the optional extras weren't listed in the adverts despite them clearly having them in the photos, so it was quite hard to do a comparison (to the extent that I even did a spreadsheet!).

The one I bought, for £28k from VW MK, primarily focused their advertisement on the PCP deal and as a bit of an afterthought, listed the standard spec items. It didn't even list any of the optional extras. I could see it had the DSG, black Pretorias and the leather seats (which I assumed were heated) and thought I'd go and view it as it was local and one of the cheaper examples. When I turned up I was therefore pleasantly surprised to find that as well as the above options, it had the Cup 2's, DCC, Tech pack, keyless and 90% tints - so the pricing certainly stacked up in comparison to the others on the market. Deal done.

That said, I'm sure I'll still lose shedloads when the time comes to trade in...
Current:
2018 BMW M2
2002 Porsche 911 (996) Carrera 4

Ex:
2017 GTI Clubsport Edition 40 #645, MG Midget, Audi S4 Avant, Mercedes-AMG C63, Porsche Cayman S Sport, BMW Z4MR, Honda S2000, Alfa Romeo GTV, Peugeot 106 Rallye, Austin Mini E amongst others

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #22 on: 15 November 2017, 14:03 »
Are the standard CS wheels called Quaranta or Belvederes?
« Last Edit: 15 November 2017, 15:43 by kalimon »
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 15 November 2017, 15:55 »

I think they’re called Belvederes in the UK and Quaranta in some other markets; a bit like the Parker Alloys that are bizarrely called Milton Keynes in some markets.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #24 on: 15 November 2017, 16:10 »

I think they’re called Belvederes in the UK and Quaranta in some other markets; a bit like the Parker Alloys that are bizarrely called Milton Keynes in some markets.
That explains it :smiley:
I think I prefer the name Quaranta although I'd call them anything if I could have a set on my car :grin:
« Last Edit: 16 November 2017, 06:58 by kalimon »
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Mikey27

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 15 November 2017, 22:48 »
I’m thinking of putting gloss black Pretoria’s on mine, so Quarantas/belvederes may go if I can find a set I want.

Offline JackB

• Just got here
« Reply #26 on: 16 November 2017, 09:42 »
I’m thinking of putting gloss black Pretoria’s on mine, so Quarantas/belvederes may go if I can find a set I want.
Politely going to join the queue if your Belvederes become available....

Offline Mikey27

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 16 November 2017, 11:11 »
Car hasn't been delivered yet - once it is I'll start seeing what I'm doing with alloys & then post up, if I decide to go down that route :wink:

I read the recent Pretoria thread and seems the Op there is saying ride is a bit choppy with them on & keep these on!