Author Topic: Clubsport Edition 40 and Clubsport S build numbers (and car photos)  (Read 142412 times)

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
My CS is also going, this week maybe , my circumstances are changed and i need to change the car.

Ignore this ..... no chance im changing my CS, the wife has changed her car instead , what was i thinking!!!
« Last Edit: 01 January 2018, 18:02 by Aidey »
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline mkviken

• I live here
Been offered a fair amount for my car just through word of mouth. I haven’t even advertised it or put the car about.

Will have lost a grand or so but can’t see me using the car till April time anyway and even then it will spend most of its time sitting in the garage so might as well sell it.

Would be happy to keep it to be honest but it’s just a waste of money sitting there when I could have toys I would use
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline mkviken

• I live here
does a normal clubsport sound similar to an S? I believe the silencers are different and maybe the downpipes?

mine crackles and pops and sounds brilliant

considering swapping to an edition 40 but the noise is one of the things i love best about the CSS

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
does a normal clubsport sound similar to an S? I believe the silencers are different and maybe the downpipes?

mine crackles and pops and sounds brilliant

considering swapping to an edition 40 but the noise is one of the things i love best about the CSS

It should be close. No different downpipes but the CS has a different (free-er) silencer/muffler from the standard GTI which regularly pops and crackles (the CS one) and the CSS has an even free-er one, that's where it's all happening with the CS being closer to the CSS sound than just in the middle. In my experience, it does it easily on lift-offs when it's hot after say a spirited drive but not so often during regular drives. When driven properly it's definitely noisier than a standard GTI but it's also never becoming un-civilized. If it's a DSG you get the "DSG farts" as well, and that's on every boosted up-shift no matter cold or hot.  :wink:

Have a listen here and see if that's close to how the CSS sounded, from my understanding it should be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVJxiI3kQQk

Offline Englishbulls

• Just got here
I’ve got a red Clubsport S low dry miles only that I may now sell if someone offered a no nonsense purchase mainly due to the fact that I’ve had an extension started on the house that will take around 4-months and have paid for storage for the car and not been near it for two months and probably won’t go near it again until March at this rate and the css is the best car I’ve owned by a mile, it has character and has fantastic performance but not if you don’t get the time or weather to use it!!
I had the first service done early even though the miles are very low, my car was registered in January 17 and I didn’t want to take it for a service in the bad weather so arranged it early. The car had to go back two days later for a software update on the handbrake.
I would let it go for around £31k if anyone is interested please let me know.
I feel these will rocket in the future as nothing compares to it.

Cheers

Lee

Offline Clubsport S

• GTI forum regular
I’ve got a red Clubsport S low dry miles only that I may now sell if someone offered a no nonsense purchase mainly due to the fact that I’ve had an extension started on the house that will take around 4-months and have paid for storage for the car and not been near it for two months and probably won’t go near it again until March at this rate and the css is the best car I’ve owned by a mile, it has character and has fantastic performance but not if you don’t get the time or weather to use it!!
I had the first service done early even though the miles are very low, my car was registered in January 17 and I didn’t want to take it for a service in the bad weather so arranged it early. The car had to go back two days later for a software update on the handbrake.

Cheers

Lee

Seems like a good buy for someone 😀

Offline st33ly

• Not said much yet
Lee can you give me a call on 07834154523 regarding your car. I’ve tried PM ing you however it states you don’t have the permission.

Cheers.

Cheers

Lee

Seems like a good buy for someone 😀
« Last Edit: 08 January 2018, 16:40 by st33ly »

Offline mkviken

• I live here
The chap who said he was buying mine turns out to be a bit of a time waster. I’ll just keep mine for a while. More than happy to hang on to it and get some use and enjoyment out of it unless a serious offer comes of course.