Author Topic: Greg's ED35  (Read 17979 times)

Offline Greg_ED35

• Not said much yet
  • Golf GTI Edition 35
Greg's ED35
« on: 12 January 2015, 10:00 »
Hi Guys,

Im currently living in Stockholm, Sweden working as a development engineer within the automotive sector but I am originally from sunny Derby ! This is my first Golf but not my first VW, I previously owned:

3 mk2 scirocco gti's which were great fun and real old school cool !
2012 Caddy van ( Work wagon )
Skoda fabia VRS ( Not VW i know but still VAG)

When moving to Sweden i had to sell my race car so i decided to treat my self to a "fast" road car.

I decided to get the ED35 after driving both the R and the GTi unfortunately with a kid the boot space of the 35 sold it to me!
In Sweden the rules are very strict on performance upgrades (Checked every MOT time) and with a legal 10% rise in power i wont be doing much on the performance side of things, for now..

I am hoping to make a few subtle changes to the exterior and interior and maybe a few not so obvious power increases !

So this might not be the most exciting thread but feel free to comment  :smiley: !
« Last Edit: 12 January 2015, 10:39 by Greg_ED35 »

Offline Greg_ED35

• Not said much yet
  • Golf GTI Edition 35
Re: Greg's ED35
« Reply #1 on: 12 January 2015, 10:22 »
Few pics from when I first got the car:

« Last Edit: 12 January 2015, 10:35 by Greg_ED35 »

Offline Greg_ED35

• Not said much yet
  • Golf GTI Edition 35
« Reply #2 on: 12 January 2015, 10:23 »
Then it was onto winter prep with winter wheels and mats etc:

Offline Greg_ED35

• Not said much yet
  • Golf GTI Edition 35
« Reply #3 on: 12 January 2015, 10:25 »
I then went about fitting an engine pre warmer and cabin warmer, The car was filthy when i fitted it !

I have also ordered a bluetooth module and new 35 badges and collected my Vagcom cable yesterday  :smiley:

Hoping for more exciting things in the near future !
« Last Edit: 12 January 2015, 19:07 by Greg_ED35 »

VW BUSH

« Reply #4 on: 12 January 2015, 17:52 »
10% thats like 20bhp, some GolfGTI.co.uk stickers are good for 10bhp each :grin:

I do a lot of work with a design house in Sweden and our combined customer in Oslo, its really strict out there to the point one of the guys buys performance parts for his bike and cars over here and ships it over as "engineering samples" if it does not fit in his suitcase that is...
Last month I nearly fell over when I found out how much a second hand Defender costs :shocked:

Offline Greg_ED35

• Not said much yet
  • Golf GTI Edition 35
« Reply #5 on: 12 January 2015, 18:52 »
Tell me about it ! Cheap cars dont exist here ! Car prices are crazy and the performance upgrade rule is a joke ! However there are ways round it, if you own an old yank muscle car you can tune to your hearts content as long as you have it checked! They have a cut of year for performance mods ( Not sure the exact year ) but the rules for that are very blurred also! Nobody i have spoken to seems to know the exact rules !

Offline Greg_ED35

• Not said much yet
  • Golf GTI Edition 35
« Reply #6 on: 14 January 2015, 20:11 »

Gave her a good clean, polish, wax and seal  :smiley:

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #7 on: 15 January 2015, 05:33 »
Can you not give it a cheeky stage 1 remap (with some form of handheld remapping device like a revo SPS) and then return to standard for the MOT?
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Greg_ED35

• Not said much yet
  • Golf GTI Edition 35
« Reply #8 on: 15 January 2015, 06:01 »
I have been thinking down that route  :wink: especially now my waranty has expired

Offline Greg_ED35

• Not said much yet
  • Golf GTI Edition 35
« Reply #9 on: 17 January 2015, 11:54 »
So this morning i started on the bluetooth module, was a fairly easy job but i opted to route the mic cable behind the glovebox which made it much easier. The vagcom side of things was a bit more difficult as the guide was totally off either due to my vcds version or the module. But anyway got it sorted and all working  :smiley: I also fitted my "35" boot badge, nothing major just finishes the rear off i think.

Shows how well the C2V3 works !