Author Topic: Boneybradley's new daily Seat diesel power family wagon (it's sort of a VW!)  (Read 8391 times)

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
Well the mk3 has retired from daily duties and has being replaced with a sensible family car..... A Seat Altea 1.9tdi which fits the bill perfect and costs several £1000 less than the VW version!!

It's a 2006 1.9tdi 105 Stylance with 110'000 miles and fsh and cost £2650 which to me is a bargain! (I wanted a sport but all I saw were sheds at our price range!!) and is a colour even Seat can't supply paint for (It's painted in azul polar blue but looks silver or white dependant on light and is the only thing the wife hates about it!! but there's not many around at the right mileage and price and this was best available)

and is returning 55mpg on the usual run (where the mk3 anni was 30mpg at best!!)....
First plans are for tinted rear side windows and rear screen (like the sport has) and then maybe a vinyl wrap of the roof and different wheels? oh and removal of the tow bar!
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline matty james

• Here all the time
looks ok - cross between a leon and a pt cruiser . :smiley:
mk3 gti"s and vr6"s,present a silver mk4 anniversary on adjustable coilovers.

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
Well I haven't updated this much, then again I've not done much apart form a few small wear issues and having the rear window tinted.
I've fitted new rear discs and pads, new drop links and 2 new tyres and other than that it's running near perfect with great fuel economy (when I drive! it does get 15mpg less when the wife does!!).
I would also like to know if it's running a standard chip as it feels lively for 105hp (I drove a 140 Golf TDi and it pulls harder than that did!)

Next is to remove the tow bar, then a small amount of body to remove stone chips and then maybe some new wheels? Being Mk5 based the options are endless and t.b.h I think it will also need to be that bit lower if I go for larger wheels?

Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline Foreveryoungaus16v

• I live here

KW V2, TEAM DYNAMICS PRO RACE 1.2, EIBACH ARBS, DS 2500 PADS, BLACK DIAMOND DISCS, LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL, CHIPPED ECU, VIBRA TECHNIC MOUNTS, JETEX DECAT,  FULLY POLYBUSHED
163 BHP (TSR POWER RUN)