Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2777082 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #7650 on: 17 November 2017, 19:23 »
Fitted my winter wheels and tyres, bit overkill for the sunny south but to get out of my road its uphill with a right angle turn at the top, very narrow and a challenge if icing, plus I need them when I visit my daughter in Denmark, where they are a legal requirement between November and March.

They look really good.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #7651 on: 17 November 2017, 20:01 »
Fourth and first major service 2morrow. On my way to 39k miles after 2.5 yrs

Has the car required new discs or just the pads in that time?

Didn’t mention the discs. Rear pads were 30% worn fronts 50%
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline mustard

• Here all the time
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #7652 on: 17 November 2017, 20:34 »
Fitted my winter wheels and tyres, bit overkill for the sunny south but to get out of my road its uphill with a right angle turn at the top, very narrow and a challenge if icing, plus I need them when I visit my daughter in Denmark, where they are a legal requirement between November and March.

They look really good.

Thanks, they are a set of Audi BBS wheels that I picked up cheap, only issue is that they are 54ET, so need 3-5mm spacers to clear the calipers.

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #7653 on: 17 November 2017, 21:08 »

They look really good.

Thanks, they are a set of Audi BBS wheels that I picked up cheap, only issue is that they are 54ET, so need 3-5mm spacers to clear the calipers.

Wow, they look awful!  :sick:
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #7654 on: 18 November 2017, 13:30 »

They look really good.

:grin:

Something doesn't look right - what size are they and what size tyres? I know you don't get winter wheels to look amazing but running around like that for 4-5 months...  :shocked:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline CocoPops

• I live here
« Reply #7655 on: 18 November 2017, 14:17 »
I love the BBS style.
Keep looking for a set of Ed30 wheels for my winters.

Kicking myself because I sold a mint set back in 2009 when I sold my Ed30.
2018 GTI Performance Pack DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, Leather, 18" Seville Wheels, DCC Suspension, Tints, RVC
2018 Lotus Elise Sport220
Previous : 1983 Mk1 Golf 1.1 & 2008 Mk5 Golf GTI Ed30

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #7656 on: 18 November 2017, 15:34 »
A customer of mine who owns a 14 plate Golf tdi has just had her DSG gearbox completely fail.
VW are replacing it free of charge although the car is out of warranty. £5000 job apparently.
Anyone else suffered this?
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7657 on: 18 November 2017, 16:01 »
I love the BBS style.
Keep looking for a set of Ed30 wheels for my winters.

Kicking myself because I sold a mint set back in 2009 when I sold my Ed30.

There are usually sets of VZ033’s knocking around for sensible money which have the benefit of a better width and offset.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline kane1210

• Here all the time
« Reply #7658 on: 18 November 2017, 17:11 »
Today in the world of the white silver GTI I had the KW spacers and springs fitted!! Very happy with the results!

Offline mustard

• Here all the time
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #7659 on: 18 November 2017, 20:31 »

They look really good.

:grin:

Something doesn't look right - what size are they and what size tyres? I know you don't get winter wheels to look amazing but running around like that for 4-5 months...  :shocked:

They are 18 x 7.5 with 225/40 tyres (standard size for the R), not as good as the Pretorias I grant you. but fine with me.