Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2774433 times)

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #7640 on: 17 November 2017, 11:39 »
No estimate yet Rebecca, but I'd guess it'll be February at the earliest. I'm in no rush though.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7641 on: 17 November 2017, 11:43 »
Not "what I did today" - but a few days ago - I did a deal to trade my MK7 R for a new 7.5. Got a good deal so I struck while the iron was hot  :cool: No estimate on build/delivery yet but I guess it'll be February.

What colour and spec did you go for Joe?

Indium grey.
5 door DSG.
Tech pack (this includes winter pack, Nav, rear camera, Light assist)
Keyless
DCC
Dynaudio
Leather
Prets.
90% tint.

Oh and remember my wheel alignment / tyre wear concerns? I had that checked out. 100% perfect they said. No adjustment required, they showed me the results and its all apparently bang on. Service guy said the wear I saw on that tyre is not unusual on a powerful car when the tyre gets down (or beyond) the limits, as mine was.... Anyway, no matter, I'll only have the car for another couple of months.

Very nice spec Joe, don't forget to keep your PS4S's
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #7642 on: 17 November 2017, 11:59 »
Not "what I did today" - but a few days ago - I did a deal to trade my MK7 R for a new 7.5. Got a good deal so I struck while the iron was hot  :cool: No estimate on build/delivery yet but I guess it'll be February.

What colour and spec did you go for Joe?

Indium grey.
5 door DSG.
Tech pack (this includes winter pack, Nav, rear camera, Light assist)
Keyless
DCC
Dynaudio
Leather
Prets.
90% tint.

Oh and remember my wheel alignment / tyre wear concerns? I had that checked out. 100% perfect they said. No adjustment required, they showed me the results and its all apparently bang on. Service guy said the wear I saw on that tyre is not unusual on a powerful car when the tyre gets down (or beyond) the limits, as mine was.... Anyway, no matter, I'll only have the car for another couple of months.

Very nice spec Joe, don't forget to keep your PS4S's

lol, I don't think I'll be going to the bother of swapping them off again.

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #7643 on: 17 November 2017, 13:33 »
Not yet
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #7644 on: 17 November 2017, 13:35 »
It’s got a chain. Doesn’t need replacing
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #7645 on: 17 November 2017, 14:45 »
It’s got a chain. Doesn’t need replacing

I was hoping that was the case but couldn’t find it written anywhere.
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7646 on: 17 November 2017, 15:30 »
@JoeGTI - Is that a trade for an R? The best of luck with that. Will you be going for black mirror caps or sticking with the Alu?

Yep, trading the 152 R  :smiley: Got a very good deal in the end, so pretty happy.

I've not asked for the black caps but I think what I might do is buy the black ones myself as accessories and swap them back and over as the mood takes me. The silver ones are way more expensive to buy aftermarket than the black ones. They're pretty easy to swap off as I know only too well  :sick:

Nice one Joe, good spec and colour :afro:
 :smiley:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline maxie

• Here all the time
« Reply #7647 on: 17 November 2017, 18:09 »
i've taken my 2week old gti to the dealer to have diogs that have told us the vw badge+sensor was lose and was then tightened, but now needs recalibrating.. :(    not quite what this post was after so sorry for that, but just needed to vent a little....
« Last Edit: 17 November 2017, 18:17 by maxie »

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #7648 on: 17 November 2017, 18:28 »
@JoeGTI - Is that a trade for an R? The best of luck with that. Will you be going for black mirror caps or sticking with the Alu?

Yep, trading the 152 R  :smiley: Got a very good deal in the end, so pretty happy.

I've not asked for the black caps but I think what I might do is buy the black ones myself as accessories and swap them back and over as the mood takes me. The silver ones are way more expensive to buy aftermarket than the black ones. They're pretty easy to swap off as I know only too well  :sick:

Nice one Joe, good spec and colour :afro:
 :smiley:

Cheers!
Yeah its not going to be as striking looking as the Lapiz blue I guess but I fancied a change.

Offline mustard

• Here all the time
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #7649 on: 17 November 2017, 19:19 »
Fitted my winter wheels and tyres, bit overkill for the sunny south but to get out of my road its uphill with a right angle turn at the top, very narrow and a challenge if icing, plus I need them when I visit my daughter in Denmark, where they are a legal requirement between November and March.