Author Topic: Stanford hall vw show  (Read 6714 times)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: Stanford hall vw show
« Reply #20 on: 08 January 2020, 13:20 »
Happy new year to you all. Stanford hall show is on Sunday 3rd May I am going to get a club stand sorted out, I have to apply for a plot in January if you are interested can you put your name down.

I'd be interested in this although mine is just a pretty standard 7.5 GTi?

:shocked: hey!! what's wrong with 'pretty standard'?? do you really want for anything else in your car?

Think I might have to see if the missus fancies a day out with the nipper.... in our pretty standard GTI! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It was more that some of these shows are more aimed at modified ones. And mine's not!

I'm sure I've seen pics of yours with a res delete..... modified!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

On that subject, it would be nice to see your res delete in the flesh to help me decide if I should go for one or not! See they have demand for 'pretty standard' already! :grin:

Haha well I did say 'pretty' standard!

It's good little mod but just make sure you get a decent one. Mine is the VagSport one. 
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 08 January 2020, 13:20 »
Happy new year to you all. Stanford hall show is on Sunday 3rd May I am going to get a club stand sorted out, I have to apply for a plot in January if you are interested can you put your name down.

I'd be interested in this although mine is just a pretty standard 7.5 GTi?

:shocked: hey!! what's wrong with 'pretty standard'?? do you really want for anything else in your car?

Think I might have to see if the missus fancies a day out with the nipper.... in our pretty standard GTI! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It was more that some of these shows are more aimed at modified ones. And mine's not!

I'm sure I've seen pics of yours with a res delete..... modified!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

On that subject, it would be nice to see your res delete in the flesh to help me decide if I should go for one or not! See they have demand for 'pretty standard' already! :grin:

Haha well I did say 'pretty' standard!

It's good little mod but just make sure you get a decent one. Mine is the VagSport one. 
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline ianmb

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 08 January 2020, 19:31 »
I have booked a club plot for this years event , I will sent out passes a few weeks before , I have asked for space for
15 cars .List of people who have shown interest I will update as we go along.
Ianmb
Candy turbo
Ryan90GTI
Philip
Seve12345
r660 Clubsport
Jim mk 7.5
dean 5125
Evo 1986

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #23 on: 08 January 2020, 21:52 »
I have booked a club plot for this years event , I will sent out passes a few weeks before , I have asked for space for
Ianmb
Candy turbo
Ryan90GTI
Philip
Seve12345
r660 Clubsport
Jim mk 7.5
dean 5125
Evo 1986

I did say I’d like to attend to on the first page lol

Offline Philip

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #24 on: 09 January 2020, 06:30 »
Thanks for sorting this Ian, looking forward to meeting you and others and being a part of what looks like a great cross section of GTI models on the stand.
TCR 3 door

Offline ianmb

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 09 January 2020, 17:42 »
   Sorry Rajb  I  missed you off the list , looking forward to meeting everybody ,we could still do with a few more cars.

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #26 on: 09 January 2020, 22:08 »
   Sorry Rajb  I  missed you off the list , looking forward to meeting everybody ,we could still do with a few more cars.

No problem and thanks for organising it. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Pity I can’t bring along my weekend toy but it’s a BMW  :lipsrsealed:

Offline JT_GTI

• Just got here
« Reply #27 on: 09 January 2020, 22:37 »
Hi Guys and Gals, New member here and I am up for this!
MK7.5 GTI Manual in Red 😊

Offline r600_clubsport

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 12 January 2020, 12:03 »
Ianmb
Candy turbo
Ryan90GTI
Philip
Seve12345
r660 Clubsport
Jim mk 7.5
dean 5125
Evo 1986

nice one, looking forward to it already
Lewman
GTI Clubsport Edition 40 - Number:120
Instagram: @ed40lew

Offline Dr Mike Oxgreen

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #29 on: 12 January 2020, 18:30 »
I'm delighted to see that the Stanford Hall meet is still going - I remember from my Beetle-fettling days that it officially marked the beginning of the summer season of VW meets, which used to conclude with VW Action at Stoneleigh on the first weekend in September.

When I say "summer", I mean "slightly less wet than the rest of the year" - VW meets were always characterised by rather inclement weather.  Character-building, I suppose.

My Cal-Look Beetle made its show debut at Stanford Hall in 1986, from memory.  It's a lovely setting, and was always a highlight.

I might see if I can get there this year.  I'll try to drag my son along, if he's not playing cricket.