Author Topic: Er guys......  (Read 9914 times)

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
Er guys......
« on: 19 September 2007, 18:13 »
I hate to be a serious spoilsport.......
But I spend a lot of time on this forum and unfortunatly I only use my school account to access the forum. Unfortunatly our school has very strict rules and regulations with regards to its internet access and I am getting worried that this site will become blocked on our network due to the VDub Babes thread that is doing the rounds at the moment in the Nonsense section. Now I dont mean to ruin the fun. But as a 16 year old in my school i am not allowed to look at those images on the network. (Though i have no problems with the images :drool:)

Should our administrator run a check on this site he most certainly will block it. I there a way around this? i dont want you to moderate the thread and remove the images. But at the same time I dont want the site to be classified as restricted due to a few guys having fun  :evil:

What can we do about this guys?
Thanks in advance

The Ultimate Club for Mini Fanatics

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline vw-bob

• I live here
Re: Er guys......
« Reply #1 on: 19 September 2007, 18:16 »
i think the only way would be to not look at that topic, then it wouldnt show up on your history at school.

sorry dude

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 19 September 2007, 18:23 »
maybe an over 18's section is needed?

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
« Reply #3 on: 19 September 2007, 18:25 »

seconded...
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline vw-bob

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 19 September 2007, 18:27 »
but how could that be controlled? some sort of password, or would it just be a case of "content not safe for under 18's" and then its at their disgression to be viewed?

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 19 September 2007, 18:32 »
well everyone has put their date of birth in when they registered so if they are under 18 then it will not let them enter.

or you could just do what you said bob and say "content not safe for under 18's" and then its at their disgression to be viewed?

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #6 on: 19 September 2007, 18:44 »
Deleting all temporary internet files and browser history everytime you're finished forum browsing should help. If you use firefox you can have set it to do that automatically every time you close the browser.

Sorry guys but we won't be having an 18+ section, we already discussed that some time ago.

Offline ...joe

• Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 19 September 2007, 18:45 »

rubbish. for what? the odd rude word or photo? it clearly says not safe for work so if anyone is bothered they shouldn't look at it...

as for the school i'm not sure i understand how the school will know there are rude pictures on here? i'm no internet expert but unless they go scouting through it looking for it how will it be found?
team grumpy....... its a way of life, not a forum post

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk
www.facebook.com/Trimdeluxe

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 19 September 2007, 18:49 »
i am not saying there should be one, it was just a suggestion as for a way to keep things of that nature in one place. not that it bothers me i was just making that point for arguments sake.

if the school look through the temp internet files it will just say the name of the website and not specifically what you have been looking it. I dont think many people at the school would expect you to go on a golf forum to look at naked ladies. but if you think they would then just delete them after each visit. i used to do that at work.

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #9 on: 19 September 2007, 22:53 »
Would have thought that the NSFW part of the title would warn you off.  :rolleyes: