Author Topic: EPC fault  (Read 9801 times)

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
Re: EPC fault
« Reply #50 on: 03 September 2019, 15:19 »
Exactly 2 months to the day it all started, the whole sorry saga finally comes to a close. The EPC fault has stayed away since picking the car up at the end of July from the 2nd dealer (Wimbledon VW), and I have just picked up the brand new replacement wheels a & tyres from the original dealer (West London Volkswagen) who damaged the wheels & tyres when they had it in for inspection first time around...

To the credit of the "Aftersales Manager" at West London VW, they have replaced the wheels & tyres without quibble, and offered an official apology for what happened on not fixing the fault correctly first time, and also damaging the car whilst in their care.

So I'm now wondering if I should put the two damaged Brescias (and tyres) on eBay, or keep them for a rainy day? I've done 1000 miles on them without issue since they were damaged, I had them inspected and they were given the all clear, so I know they are ok.

:)
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: EPC fault
« Reply #51 on: 03 September 2019, 16:20 »
Keep them for when you buckle one on a pothole.

Its almost pothole season.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC