Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2774492 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #9350 on: 27 March 2019, 07:40 »
Had a bit of a mild heart attack this morning when I started the car and it bonged at me, with the yellow exclamation mark at the top of the dash. Went into Car Status on the main screen to see

AFL Error
Cornering Light Error
Front Left Headlight Error
Front Right Headlight Error

I thought WTF !, Turned the car back off then on again, and all's well, with all warning lights off and the "Car Status" screen reported no errors. No sure what caused that, just a software glitch ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #9351 on: 27 March 2019, 11:57 »
Had a bit of a mild heart attack this morning when I started the car and it bonged at me, with the yellow exclamation mark at the top of the dash. Went into Car Status on the main screen to see

AFL Error
Cornering Light Error

I thought WTF !, Turned the car back off then on again, and all's well, with all warning lights off and the "Car Status" screen reported no errors. No sure what caused that, just a software glitch ?
Are all the above lights working correctly including the dynamic cornering lights? If so could just be a glitch. How old is your battery ?
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #9352 on: 27 March 2019, 13:19 »
Yes, the lights were working even with the error on screen ? All sorted when I turned the ignition off and back on again and no errors remain, and everything works as it should, and no errors when I just used the car at lunchtime.

Re the battery, the car is only 10 months old.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #9353 on: 27 March 2019, 14:36 »
Yes, the lights were working even with the error on screen ? All sorted when I turned the ignition off and back on again and no errors remain, and everything works as it should, and no errors when I just used the car at lunchtime.

Re the battery, the car is only 10 months old.

Hopefully just a glitch. I’d say forget about it, enjoy the car and look into it further if it happens again!
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline Hebegeebee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9354 on: 27 March 2019, 17:05 »

AFL Error
Cornering Light Error

I had this too on mine one morning when it was about a year old. I did exactly as you did and I haven’t seen it since. It scared the sh!t out of me too at the time!!
Picked up 03/Nov/2017 - GTi-P, White silver, 5dr., Manual with extras

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #9355 on: 27 March 2019, 18:21 »
Not sure where the topic with the car mats went but someone provided a link to some 'clubsport' mats on eBay - can anyone spot the difference between the ones on eBay and the ones I received?

The first two pictures are from the seller.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9356 on: 27 March 2019, 18:29 »
^^ Thieving, cheating, lying bar$tards! I presume you'll be getting your money back!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #9357 on: 27 March 2019, 20:29 »
^^ Thieving, cheating, lying bar$tards! I presume you'll be getting your money back!

Yeah, already in the process of returning them. He's coming back with some right bollocks.

Offline NewbieGTIP

• Not said much yet
  • If it ain’t broke..... it probably soon will be.
« Reply #9358 on: 27 March 2019, 20:40 »
That’s shocking! You reported him for selling fakes? E bay will ban his a55. Wonder how many times he’s
Pulled this off successfully!?!
#330 Gti Clubsport.

Offline DTX3

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9359 on: 28 March 2019, 15:51 »

Yeah, already in the process of returning them. He's coming back with some right bollocks.

I would love to know what they're saying? Keep us updated mate