Author Topic: GolfChick23 - mk2 1.6 driver  (Read 6404 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
GolfChick23 - mk2 1.6 driver
« on: 16 January 2006, 20:46 »
here you go :)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline GolfChick24

• Here all the time
Re: GolfChick23 - mk2 1.6 driver
« Reply #1 on: 16 January 2006, 21:36 »
Yaaaaaaay at last a page where I can rant about my mk2 golf!

Got the car in easter last year off my dad for a present, third car hes bought me, and didnt even touch it untill the end of summer when i moved home to Cheshire and since then the bug caught me and cant seem to shake it! not dissimilar to my tonsillitis atm.

Obviously the first thing to go were those fashionable stickers that ran down the side. Due to the company I was keeping at the time I then went slightly chav and install maxpower seat covers, a few neons in the car, some very cheap alloys just to get the old steels off and a rubbish sound system... because I wasnt paying!!

Since then a lot of things have changed on the car.

Now today the total for the in car entertainment is about £1300, which entials a mtx amp, a kenwood, amp, an alpine type r sub, some jl components and in car computer system thats currently in finalisation/tweaking/skinning stage. Oh and a boot install I made all of my own accord.

Fitted big bumpers to the car, replaced the suspesion and dampers with fk kit all round, new alloys been fitted, the front seats have been changed to some recaros from another car welded onto correct subframes, momo gearknob, handbrake and steering wheel.

Rcently spent a few days removing and fitting a new alternator to cope with the strain of the draw from the battery from my system. Had been searching for one for ages and then a certain young gentleman friend spotted one in a passat at the scrappy, how romantic eh? Ill forgive him for snoring anyway, and it only took so long to fit due to us going first time without tools, 2nd time without allen key and third time we finally got it!

Too many future plans to list here so you'll just have to attempt to keep your eyes open.
« Last Edit: 06 April 2006, 00:03 by GolfChick23 »

Offline GolfChick24

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 17 January 2006, 20:05 »
well a few future plans, still got an fvw flip key sat on my desk waiting for the blade to be changed to one for my car. Got a magnex backbox sat in my garage waiting to be welded onto the correct metal pipes etc. I also may have some new front recaros on there way!!!  :rolleyes:

Offline GolfChick24

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 28 January 2006, 18:47 »
well i finally have the new seats sat in the car on the floor temporarily, also began work on grinding away the seat bases today so the new seats sit nice n low, to shut up a certain person. For now just taken off the old seat base and then will be finishing work on it on Monday when my dad is around to help. I've got best dad in the world me  :grin:
« Last Edit: 06 April 2006, 00:04 by GolfChick23 »

Offline GolfChick24

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 04 February 2006, 17:15 »
ok one seat is now permanently fixed, so i can go to work tonight thank god, and the passenger seat will hopefully be completed over next few days

im much happier with how low it sits now, and if anybody has a criticism bout hight now ill shove it up their @rses. bought some leather on ebay and thatll be collected either tomorrow or mon so i can start retrimming the door cards!!
« Last Edit: 06 April 2006, 00:04 by GolfChick23 »

Offline GolfChick24

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 14 February 2006, 15:57 »
ok so the last few days since i got drivers seat in have been spent retrimming my first doorcard. Have to say im pretty chuffed with how its come seeing as how me n my mum did it  :grin:

still need to buy new set of mirror adjusters something chrome/alloy to set off the leather a bit more.

next on agenda is retrim the other front door and then first the passenger seat before turning our attention to rear door pannels, atleast the front will be done that way  :evil:

also pics up soon of my golf with the new german plates on that someone lovely bought for me  :laugh:  :grin:
« Last Edit: 06 April 2006, 00:05 by GolfChick23 »

Offline GolfChick24

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 20 February 2006, 11:16 »
well went to dubfreeze yday not very impressed at all tbh and hopefully others will be better. However, i did manage to come away with debaged single light grill and some new headlights, been thinking about gettin um for a bit and really glad i did

complete with my new german plates

Offline GolfChick24

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 05 March 2006, 00:31 »
okey doke back again, been a busy little bee over today and yday trying to get a few bits down for the show tomorrow and because every months something gets done.

Decided to redo the side walls in my boot due to the fact they were in two pieces so they kept moving and pulling the velcro away and they had 6x9s in em that I just wasnt using since the car pc install and also the size of my pc case has been annoying me for a while, along with someone nitpicking.... tut men!

Yes still only got the one seat!!

also ive just bought a roll of 25 sq ft of sound proofing so i installed that on both doors and have retrimmed the other front door card and fixed it on after the sound proofing

then quickly before the show i decided to do something about my pc case

NOW YOU SEE IT

NOW YOU DONT!!  :grin: :grin:

feel free to ignore my feet, its almost bedtime after all!!
« Last Edit: 06 April 2006, 00:00 by GolfChick23 »

Offline GolfChick24

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 09 March 2006, 12:19 »
used the last of my leather to cover the mdf sidewalls and have now figured out a way of keeping the sides up securely so they're nice and tight with no risk of falling over and damaging the computer parts. I need to buy a usb hub and power it up then its all sorted. Glad ive got rid of the big hunk of computer case, just need to fork out for more leather to make the floor of boot match and do the rear side pannels so it all matches up. Ive also managed to secure a new parcel shelf, black roof lining inc the plastic bits at the rear and also a rear disk setup all for £50 I think, boobs come in handy!!

Oh and one of my new stickers, obv another matching sticker on t'other side too. Must add some bhp surely!!

« Last Edit: 05 April 2006, 23:58 by GolfChick23 »

Offline GolfChick24

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 16 March 2006, 00:09 »
well yet again ive been a busy busy bee, if i keep going at this rate the car will be gorgeous after a years sollid work!! ive redone my boot floor in 18mm, so now the the sides and the bottom are in 18mm. when i get paid next im gonna buy more leather so i can cover the floor to match the sides but its fine right now and the sub no longer sags the floor. Also fitted the new parcel shelf in mint condition for free of course and i also undertook the task of swopping the roof lining, which i advise everybody to do if they wish as its easy peasy until u get to the sunroof, stay away at all costs!!!! we took it on and lost for a good few hours until this morning when we finally won!! The rear beam is sat in back garden painted up to protect from rust and with callipers ready red, supposed to fit yday but the cables didnt arrive. Then again today but they did and they've sent front brake hoses not rear!! so its been put off for a few days now as its back to work 2morrow. The seat base is now waiting to be sorted as well a new rear pads and disks that will need fixing right after the beam etc is fitted as the brakes arent too good. I also picked up an aerial bung today too so ill finally be removing the wing aerial at last as it ruins the car imo atm. Okay piccy time

ive two new handbrake cables and the two flexi hoses to replace the ones that have been cut through so hopefully itll be on soon as im sure slowly my dad will start to get pissed off.
« Last Edit: 05 April 2006, 23:56 by GolfChick23 »