Author Topic: 'Immobiliser activated'....help?  (Read 2217 times)

Offline S7CYW

• GTI forum regular
  • DUB
'Immobiliser activated'....help?
« on: 22 August 2008, 17:42 »
Have had my car for about 18months now, but this has only happened three times in last two weeks.

I open door as usual after work to get in, turn key to start, it does, then beeps and 'Immobiliser activated' is displayed on dash and the engine cuts out. This also happened when i retried straight after.

After taking key out and trying again it started fine and drove home ten miles as normal.

Anyone know why this is happening and if anything needs fixing? :undecided:

Cheers

Stace

Offline jonnyturbo

• Forum addict
Re: 'Immobiliser activated'....help?
« Reply #1 on: 22 August 2008, 17:53 »
i had this problem. And mine finally packed in. Had to go to main stealers. Needed new key and new dash panel insert. Was a shocking £492
Gone but still keeping a close eye on it...

Mk4 golf 1.8t AUM Hybrid K03s. Custom Mapped by R-tech to 260bhp. CR hybrid turbo Audi TT injectors / fuel pump, Forge tip,THS FMIC,Carbonio CAI, Full milltek turbo back, N249 bypass, Fully poly bushed, Weitec coils. Genuine R32 front bumper and Genuine R-line rear, Genuine Porsche twists, Anniversary black interior.

Offline S7CYW

• GTI forum regular
  • DUB
« Reply #2 on: 22 August 2008, 20:14 »
Well i hope it doesn't come to that  :shocked:

Anyone else heard anything like this?

Offline ub7rm

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 22 August 2008, 22:44 »
I've never taken a vw key apart but in vauxhalls the immob chip looks like a tiny little blob of plastic and was glued in place.  Might be worth checking in your key to see if anything is loose inside.  Maybe its moving about and isn't in range of the receiver depending where the blob is inside the key?  Failing that a faulty receiver maybe...
2020 BMW 128ti
2017 Golf GTD Estate

Offline Ashmond

• I live here
  • Money, b!tches And Boost
« Reply #4 on: 23 August 2008, 00:28 »
it would be cheaper to get the immobiliser defeated on the ECU, £125 I believe then you can add any clockes, keys etc ;)

Google DNA Tuning - they did it for my first AUM ECU
Will always love my mk4 but she had to go...225 Quattro TT in its place....but its still black (she lives on in spirit!)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #5 on: 23 August 2008, 07:30 »
try a new battery in the keyfob