Author Topic: The wife's opinion on my new GTI  (Read 5373 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: The wife's opinion on my new GTI
« Reply #20 on: 11 March 2019, 17:44 »
Does any married couple actually like each other?

Probably not. That’s why we have our cars for a bit if escapism spending hours detailing them at the weekend 😭😂

This is why the OH and I haven't married (or so I tell myself) - although I can report that being together for a smidge under 30 years even unmarried the odd disaggreement can occur. Occasionally. Every hour. :whistle:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline NewbieGTIP

• Not said much yet
  • If it ain’t broke..... it probably soon will be.
« Reply #21 on: 11 March 2019, 21:11 »
Mine loves my CS, I was pretty much banned from getting it in red (she said it looked a cheap red, which was annoying as I love it in red) but other than that I was given the green light. Which was a surprise as she hated my s4 and my s3.
#330 Gti Clubsport.

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 12 March 2019, 10:00 »

My Golf R consigned the the wife Mini Cooper to being near permanently parked outside the house as she instantly loved it and made any excuse to drive it.

When realised that I was driving the Mini Cooper more than than the R in the day! It was sold, and wife now has an A1 Sline Black Edition STronic 185 BHP and a really nippy piece of fun, (would also say the perfect town and commute car), and I have my R back!

Audi or VW have been our only cars for last 10 years and the Audi cabin does have a little more of an added feel, but its not a chasm and the VW are always nice places to be - But in this family having some performance is the prime requirement and both our cars fulfill that remit very well.
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 12 March 2019, 19:32 »
Mine loves my CS, I was pretty much banned from getting it in red (she said it looked a cheap red, which was annoying as I love it in red) but other than that I was given the green light. Which was a surprise as she hated my s4 and my s3.

Did she contribute to your car? (if you don't mind me asking)

I just can't ever imagine a world where I get told what I can and can't spend my money on, if I want a red car then I'll bloody well buy one!

...maybe that's why she left me :whistle:

Offline NewbieGTIP

• Not said much yet
  • If it ain’t broke..... it probably soon will be.
« Reply #24 on: 12 March 2019, 20:36 »
Anything for an easy life  :grin:

Dangerous game buying something the wife doesn’t like. Could back fire if she ever wanted to do something crazy car wise.... like buy a Dacia :shocked:
#330 Gti Clubsport.

Offline Ginagee

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 13 March 2019, 17:57 »
I'm a wife (and a bit of a car-nut), and I bought my own Mk7 GTi PP and I LOVE IT. Best car I've ever owned. So much so I've had it for over 5 years. And the husband is happily agreeable to borrowing it - too often sometimes! But probably because it's smaller and easier to park than his (big American thing). He agrees it's the best 'euro-pod' I've ever had.
2014 GTi Mk7 5dr Manual, Reflex Silver, PP, DNS, Dynaudio, Pano Roof.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 14 March 2019, 07:58 »
What's his big American thing?
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #27 on: 14 March 2019, 08:51 »
What's his big American thing?

It's either a car or an euphamism!
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline Ginagee

• Here all the time
« Reply #28 on: 18 March 2019, 13:18 »
Ha ha!!! :grin: Chevy Camaro Gen 5.
2014 GTi Mk7 5dr Manual, Reflex Silver, PP, DNS, Dynaudio, Pano Roof.

Offline alfiejts

• Just got here
« Reply #29 on: 18 March 2019, 20:17 »
My 2016 lease GTI was the first car my wife has actually liked - so much so that she actually said that said she was sorry to see it go.
It was a basic spec (as it was a lease). I got it in red as the cheapest colour available (otherwise I'd have never ordered red).

In the end - we both loved the red colour and both loved driving the car.

I previously had an Audi A5 coupe Black Edition, with nappa leather, 18 speaker B&O sound system, etc, etc... She hated it and only ever drove it once.
She used to complain every time we were driving fast because she used to slide from side to side in the passenger seat...

So having spent the last 20 years tootling around in Toyota Yarises, she's now enjoying driving our new 2019 GTI Performance and loves it... 
She even loves the "much increased" exhaust noise that the new GTI PP makes compared to our old 2016 GTI.

I set the speed warning to 80 - but she came back the other day and asked me to increase it because it was so annoying....

Its a funny old world...