Author Topic: What detailing haven't you done today?  (Read 21633 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: What detailing haven't you done today?
« Reply #20 on: 31 January 2019, 16:58 »
^^ Filth!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 01 February 2019, 17:01 »
My DBP Amarok is now mostly white. My White Tig is now mostly black. How does that work?  :huh:
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Dr Mike Oxgreen

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 08 February 2019, 10:56 »
It's chucking it down outside, with winds of 40mph+.

I have decided that snow foaming would not be a good idea today.  The car had a good wash with lots of water sprayed over and under it due to Hampshire County Council's attempts to dispense their salt mountain over the roads, so having washed all of the crud and salt off on Tuesday, that will have to suffice for this week.

I'm awaiting Rebecca's post where she has a special marquee erected for the sole purpose of car washing, with under-car sprays using the finest reverse-osmosis spring water, and specially imported exotic snow foam which makes the plastered-on mud fall away, leaving the car immaculate and putting the rest of us to shame.

Again.

:whistle:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 09 February 2019, 10:53 »
It's chucking it down outside, with winds of 40mph+.

I have decided that snow foaming would not be a good idea today.  The car had a good wash with lots of water sprayed over and under it due to Hampshire County Council's attempts to dispense their salt mountain over the roads, so having washed all of the crud and salt off on Tuesday, that will have to suffice for this week.

Again.

Haha! It’s definitely not the weather for snowfoamimg!  :shocked: :laugh:

I'm awaiting Rebecca's post where she has a special marquee erected for the sole purpose of car washing, with under-car sprays using the finest reverse-osmosis spring water, and specially imported exotic snow foam which makes the plastered-on mud fall away, leaving the car immaculate and putting the rest of us to shame.

Again.

Why I’ve just set that very arrangement up!   The angel tear snowfoam is just about to go on.  :cool:

Or maybe I haven’t done any of that :grin:

Mine looks as per the last pics but now with added layer of encrusted mud, and another hefty helping of salt!  :cry:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 29 May 2019, 12:54 »
Today was set for a really good wash, weather ideal, cool and cloudy with no rain until early evening. Managed to do the wash but by the time I got to the rinse and drying stage it was raining. Not too hard but drying was very tricky. Bugger :rolleyes:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Dr Mike Oxgreen

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #25 on: 11 June 2019, 08:47 »
I've seen the weather forecast for the rest of the week, and I literally won't be bothering.

I have, however, bought a couple of litres of Gyeon Bathe+, and Gyeon QD.  I never fail to be impressed by the beading from Bathe+, even a quick wash produces a really satisfying result.

Until next week, then.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 17 July 2019, 13:36 »
500 miles for work in the last week or so and no washing for 2+ weeks.. don't think my wheels have ever looked like this!

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 17 October 2019, 11:02 »
Bloody weather :angry: Not supposed to rain until 4pm, was going to clean my wheels, seal them and swap them around. The rain waited until I'd gotten all the kit out and ready....

Hopefully it'll pass, I'm going to make an official complaint to BBC weather :rolleyes:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #28 on: 17 October 2019, 13:35 »
Managed to give them a quick clean and swap them around, got rather wet though. A thorough clean will have to be another day :rolleyes:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Dr Mike Oxgreen

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #29 on: 15 November 2019, 22:08 »
I keep looking at the weather forecast, which is predicting "feels like" temperatures of around 3c for the next week or so.

I'm glad that I managed to get some pre-winter cleaning and protection done on the car last month, so I'll wait until it becomes a bit less cold before I get the pressure washer and snow foam out.  At least there's not much rain predicted for a few days.