Author Topic: GTI Performance - New or Used?  (Read 6593 times)

Offline mistac

• GTI forum regular
Re: GTI Performance - New or Used?
« Reply #20 on: 08 November 2019, 19:59 »
Hoping to order a new one tomorrow! If I order now for a March delivery, presumably I don’t sign finance yet; but what happens if it changes from its current 4.9 between now and then. Am I protected if it goes up / can I amend if it goes down..?
GTI 7.5 Performance 5dr DSG Tornado Red - completely standard spec as - it comes out of the tin as they say

Offline Andy198

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 09 November 2019, 07:40 »
Good luck, yes if you go the finance route you sign the paperwork on the day you collect the car. As for interest rates, I don’t know but I think they’re unlikely to change in a significant way.

What spec are you going for?
GTI PP Mk7.5 with DCC, Sunroof, Brescias / BBS SR & 90% Tints

Offline mistac

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 09 November 2019, 13:15 »
Good luck, yes if you go the finance route you sign the paperwork on the day you collect the car. As for interest rates, I don’t know but I think they’re unlikely to change in a significant way.

GTi Performance 5dr DSG - still faffing about though but that's me all over!
GTI 7.5 Performance 5dr DSG Tornado Red - completely standard spec as - it comes out of the tin as they say

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 09 November 2019, 14:09 »

GTi Performance 5dr DSG - still faffing about though but that's me all over!

Don’t leave it too much longer - it must be pretty close to the point where VW close the order books for the mk7.5.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline AudiA8Quattro

• Forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 09 November 2019, 14:27 »
I was faced with the same dilemma a week or so ago.
New R or used R.
I went for the a 19 plate R, as I could pick it up within 2 days, instead of waiting 3 months, and I got an HP deal through my bank of only 5% APR.
The finance deal also played a big part. VW are offering great deals new, so depends if you can get a good finance deal for used.
With the added options on mine, I’ve probably only saved about £3000, compared to the deal offered through DTD, however factor the interest in, it’ll be quite a bit more than that over 4/5 years.
So it all depends on if you want to wait for new, or don’t mind 6 months old, and if you can match the APR offered at VW for new, which is 4.9%.
I decided I couldn’t wait. I picked my R up a few days ago, the last Golf I had was a VR6, so this one has blown me away  :grin:
FOR DIY GUIDES GO TO <br>www.volkswagenaudi.co.uk<br/>BRAKES, SUSPENSION, CV JOINTS

Offline 245PS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 12 November 2019, 16:46 »
Same boat!!

Was going to buy 6-18 months old, but for £5-7k more can get the exact car I want, brand new. VWFS will only allow a certain amount deposit, but they allow you to overpay straight away. Has anyone done this? They will allow me to put just under £8k down (plus £2k from them, making total deposit of just under £10k) but then I'd like to pay another £10k off straight away, to reduce both the monthy and the final payment.

Any experience would be appreciated. Thank you.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #26 on: 12 November 2019, 17:08 »
They let you overpay? I would doubt it?
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline boardlord

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #27 on: 12 November 2019, 17:16 »
Same boat!!

Was going to buy 6-18 months old, but for £5-7k more can get the exact car I want, brand new. VWFS will only allow a certain amount deposit, but they allow you to overpay straight away. Has anyone done this? They will allow me to put just under £8k down (plus £2k from them, making total deposit of just under £10k) but then I'd like to pay another £10k off straight away, to reduce both the monthy and the final payment.

https://www.vwfinance.co.uk/en/privatecustomers/manage_agreement/partial_payments.html
2019 MK7.5 GTi PP, 3dr, DSG, Indium Grey, Heated screen, Pan roof, 90% tints.

Offline 2007GTI

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 12 November 2019, 17:36 »
you can pay the whole thing off straight away apparently, many on here have done that.

Same boat!!

2014 Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr in Carbon Grey, 18s, leather

Gone but not forgotten '07 Mk5 GTI DSG (2006 to 2014)

Offline mistac

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #29 on: 12 November 2019, 18:20 »

you can pay the whole thing off straight away apparently, many on here have done that.

Thanks