Author Topic: The Golf is perfect for...  (Read 2376 times)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
The Golf is perfect for...
« on: 05 November 2019, 13:52 »
Just saw this shocking driving https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvGEQ34Fw1w which I have no idea how he escaped a custodial sentence and only got a 12-month ban from driving (not that he had a license or insurance to start with).

Reading some of the YT comment got me thinking - apart from racing the police, what else does everyone find their GTI (Performance Golf) perfect for?!

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline CS#303

• Not said much yet
Re: The Golf is perfect for...
« Reply #1 on: 05 November 2019, 16:26 »
My golf is perfect for......EVERYTHING  :laugh:

Offline wolly440

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 05 November 2019, 16:55 »
dogging  :whistle:

Online Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 05 November 2019, 16:57 »
Just saw this shocking driving https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvGEQ34Fw1w which I have no idea how he escaped a custodial sentence and only got a 12-month ban from driving (not that he had a license or insurance to start with).

Reading some of the YT comment got me thinking - apart from racing the police, what else does everyone find their GTI (Performance Golf) perfect for?!

Welcome to Stockport (recognise the roads)
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline Crezzer

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 05 November 2019, 17:50 »
My golf is perfect for.........giving me time to reflect on my day whilst waiting for the power to come on

Sorry couldn't resist.

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 05 November 2019, 18:18 »
My golf is perfect for.........giving me time to reflect on my day whilst waiting for the power to come on

Sorry couldn't resist.

You mean while waiting for the dealer to fix it  :grin:

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 05 November 2019, 18:23 »

Some of the driving I've seen in East London without a police chase as a reason has been more shocking. I've driven all over the world - Paris, Delhi, Johannesburg - easy. East London? No chance.  :grin:

I think my father in law deserves a shout out for using his GTI as a greenhouse. Keen gardener and goes away to the Lake District but tomato seedlings need attention so specially made tray goes on the parcel shelf and they get a lovely ride up the M1. I bet seeing him with that on the parcel shelf sparked a few conversations in cars nearby!
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 06 November 2019, 09:41 »
When I'm not working, I usually have a choice of car- 205 or golf. It can sometimes be an agonising one.
Fast twisty roads - take the golf.
If it's raining..or even wet- the golf.
If the wife is with me- the golf ( she doesn't appreciate the 205, so why waste it on her)
If I don't know where I'm going or need to talk to people as I drive (hardly ever)- the golf
If I feel like driving very fast- the golf.
If I feel like driving slowly- the golf.
If I want to warm my arse as I drive- obviously the golf.

Perfect for everything and on the right road- the "fast twisties", more fun than the 205.
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline Panelpin

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 06 November 2019, 13:15 »
I have the choice between my gti or my bus pass
Gti wins every time 😂

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 06 November 2019, 13:58 »

I think my father in law deserves a shout out for using his GTI as a greenhouse. Keen gardener and goes away to the Lake District but tomato seedlings need attention so specially made tray goes on the parcel shelf and they get a lovely ride up the M1. I bet seeing him with that on the parcel shelf sparked a few conversations in cars nearby!

:grin:  Now that is dedication!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner