Author Topic: Buying a new car from third party company.  (Read 5654 times)

Offline AudiA8Quattro

• Forum addict
Re: Buying a new car from third party company.
« Reply #20 on: 01 November 2019, 16:50 »
I’ve bought via both Drivethedeal (my current R) and Orange Wheels (a previous gti) and both were very very good all round.  Not only fantastic discounts (saving thousands) but great service and the supplying dealers in both cases were excellent, as it’s they who you will be dealing with after the initial contact and deposit with the broker.  If you have no car to trade then it’s a no brainer to use a broker, as you’ll get the best discount and you’ll not suffer on the part ex side of things (I sold privately so avoided the reduced p/x issue).  All the brokers mentioned in this thread have good reputations amongst enthusiasts with many many using them.  I can highly recommend DTD dealership (south) JCB Medway who have a great rep.  You can usually arrange for the car to be transported to you if you want, but if you don’t mind travelling to collect it, it’s a great way to get to know the car!

Thanks for the info!
Do I need to pay a deposit to the broker before finance is sorted out through the dealer?
FOR DIY GUIDES GO TO <br>www.volkswagenaudi.co.uk<br/>BRAKES, SUSPENSION, CV JOINTS

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 01 November 2019, 16:58 »
I’ve bought via both Drivethedeal (my current R) and Orange Wheels (a previous gti) and both were very very good all round.  Not only fantastic discounts (saving thousands) but great service and the supplying dealers in both cases were excellent, as it’s they who you will be dealing with after the initial contact and deposit with the broker.  If you have no car to trade then it’s a no brainer to use a broker, as you’ll get the best discount and you’ll not suffer on the part ex side of things (I sold privately so avoided the reduced p/x issue).  All the brokers mentioned in this thread have good reputations amongst enthusiasts with many many using them.  I can highly recommend DTD dealership (south) JCB Medway who have a great rep.  You can usually arrange for the car to be transported to you if you want, but if you don’t mind travelling to collect it, it’s a great way to get to know the car!

Thanks for the info!
Do I need to pay a deposit to the broker before finance is sorted out through the dealer?

It depends on the broker I think.  You’ll need to check with them amd details should be in their respective websites.  I didn’t do finance as bought both car outright and with DTD my deposit was paid direct to the dealership rather than the broker.  But with orange wheels my deposit was paid to the broker.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline AudiA8Quattro

• Forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 01 November 2019, 17:43 »

Thanks for the info!

It depends on the broker I think.  You’ll need to check with them amd details should be in their respective websites.  I didn’t do finance as bought both car outright and with DTD my deposit was paid direct to the dealership rather than the broker.  But with orange wheels my deposit was paid to the broker.

Thanks.
DTD are definitely offering the best deals.
Even better using vw PCP, as they currently contributing £2k to the deposit, so come out at just over £30k!
FOR DIY GUIDES GO TO <br>www.volkswagenaudi.co.uk<br/>BRAKES, SUSPENSION, CV JOINTS

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 01 November 2019, 19:04 »

Thanks for the info!

Thanks.
DTD are definitely offering the best deals.
Even better using vw PCP, as they currently contributing £2k to the deposit, so come out at just over £30k!

That’s great news!  They regularly do deposit contributions.  Some people PCP to get the contribution, then clear the finance in the first month, though it usually incurs a small interest charge.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #24 on: 01 November 2019, 19:56 »
The car will be out of production in six months!

There are loads of members here and on other forums who have used DtD, Orangewheels etc. coast2coastcars are very good too.

The sticking point with these brokers that tend to use fleet dept discounts are when you have an immaculate trade in as they generally won’t offer top dollar as well as huge discounts.
If you have no p/x then they’re probably unbeatable in pure £££ savings.

Carwow dealers can be useful if you have a part/ex, but don’t forget our own resident dealer Evo1986.
When considering a part/ex into the equation it’s the overall cost to change that has to be compared.

Thanks for the shout out Andy I have dropped the member a PM.
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline AudiA8Quattro

• Forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 07 November 2019, 17:11 »
After much consideration, I decided to buy a 19 plate R from my local dealer.
Thanks again to Lee for making me such a great offer on a new car, but I just couldn’t wait  :grin:
I’d post a pic, but can’t remember how?

Offline mistac

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #26 on: 07 November 2019, 22:25 »
The car will be out of production in six months!

There are loads of members here and on other forums who have used DtD, Orangewheels etc. coast2coastcars are very good too.

The sticking point with these brokers that tend to use fleet dept discounts are when you have an immaculate trade in as they generally won’t offer top dollar as well as huge discounts.
If you have no p/x then they’re probably unbeatable in pure £££ savings.

Carwow dealers can be useful if you have a part/ex, but don’t forget our own resident dealer Evo1986.
When considering a part/ex into the equation it’s the overall cost to change that has to be compared.

Thanks for the shout out Andy I have dropped the member a PM.

Hi - sorry for hijacking this but I am about to order a GTI Performance 5dr DSG in tornado red (factory order I believe) possibly through DTD but saw you may be able to offer a competitive deal? I am a new forum member so not sure if that allows pm's though? Thanks
GTI 7.5 Performance 5dr DSG Tornado Red - completely standard spec as - it comes out of the tin as they say

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #27 on: 07 November 2019, 22:40 »
Hi Mistac,

You can reach me on 01242 222233 or Lee.evans@ir.inchcape.co.uk

Just tried to PM but wouldn’t work.

Regards,

Lee Evans
Sales Manager
Cheltenham Volkswagen
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline mistac

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #28 on: 12 November 2019, 18:09 »
Hi Mistac,

You can reach me on 01242 222233 or Lee.evans@ir.inchcape.co.uk

Just tried to PM but wouldn’t work.

Regards,

Lee Evans
Sales Manager
Cheltenham Volkswagen

Apologies - only just read your message so was not ignoring it but it is probably now too late as I have now verbally ordered through DTD before reading your reply! (I did speak with one of your female colleagues as I had not seen your reply, who indicated you would not be able to better the DTD price, which is fair enough). I "hope" that is now true otherwise I might regret being so hasty! Thanks anyway 
GTI 7.5 Performance 5dr DSG Tornado Red - completely standard spec as - it comes out of the tin as they say

Offline mistac

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #29 on: 13 November 2019, 19:44 »
Does anyone have any experience of ordering through DTD in the last few weeks/months and paying off PCP VW finance immediately/within 14 day right to withdraw period ? If so, did you lose any deposit contribution/deal sweeteners etc? I don't  think you do but just want to confirm others experience.