Author Topic: R v GTI PP Residuals and running costs  (Read 6281 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: R v GTI PP Residuals and running costs
« Reply #30 on: 01 November 2019, 10:24 »
There's plenty of information on their website. I do know a there are people on here that use them. I nearly ordered from them but didn't want to wait for a new order so bought ex-demo. Basically they have VW dealers who will do those prices and drive the deal get a commission. You order through the dealer once you confirm your purchase. The dealer could be anywhere so factor that in but with the discount it is likely worth it.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 01 November 2019, 11:00 »
What’s the catch with these websites? They seem too good to be true!
19 plate cars at VW are all going for about £29k, so it makes it a no brainer to buy new.
Do I deal with the dealer direct or the third party company?
Any help appreciated!

No catch and nothing dodgy - Drive the deal is acting as an introducer, and once you’ve placed an order, all future contact is with the VW dealer.

Drive the Deal has been in existence for many years, and there are quite a few forum members who’ve used them. Cars are all brand new unregistered vehicles, UK spec with 3 year new car factory warranty, and you will be the first registered keeper. There are other well established broker sites such as Orange Wheels, and it’s also worth checking out Carwow too.

Quite often, vehicles ordered through brokers such as Drive the Deal are handled by the fleet division of the larger VW Dealers because of the large volume of customers / orders they introduce to the dealership. And it’s that large volume that means they’ve been able to negotiate the attractive prices.

As @Watts has said, the dealer may be some distance away from where you live, so you may need to travel to collect the car. The only other minor downside is that some dealers for broker introduced business don’t offer part exchange (Carwow dealers do) although there are other ways to dispose of an existing car and still benefit financially overall.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline AudiA8Quattro

• Forum addict
« Reply #32 on: 01 November 2019, 11:14 »
What’s the catch with these websites? They seem too good to be true!
19 plate cars at VW are all going for about £29k, so it makes it a no brainer to buy new.
Do I deal with the dealer direct or the third party company?
Any help appreciated!

No catch and nothing dodgy - Drive the deal is acting as an introducer, and once you’ve placed an order, all future contact is with the VW dealer.

Drive the Deal has been in existence for many years, and there are quite a few forum members who’ve used them. Cars are all brand new unregistered vehicles, UK spec with 3 year new car factory warranty, and you will be the first registered keeper. There are other well established broker sites such as Orange Wheels, and it’s also worth checking out Carwow too.

Quite often, vehicles ordered through brokers such as Drive the Deal are handled by the fleet division of the larger VW Dealers because of the large volume of customers / orders they introduce to the dealership. And it’s that large volume that means they’ve been able to negotiate the attractive prices.

As @Watts has said, the dealer may be some distance away from where you live, so you may need to travel to collect the car. The only other minor downside is that some dealers for broker introduced business don’t offer part exchange (Carwow dealers do) although there are other ways to dispose of an existing car and still benefit financially overall.

Thank you, that’s a very good explanation.
I don’t have a part exchange, it will just be a deposit and finance.
I think on one of the sites, it said national delivery. Now that would be good  :smiley:
FOR DIY GUIDES GO TO <br>www.volkswagenaudi.co.uk<br/>BRAKES, SUSPENSION, CV JOINTS

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #33 on: 01 November 2019, 12:29 »
I think on one of the sites, it said national delivery. Now that would be good  :smiley:

Yes, for a fee they will deliver.

I went to get mine - gave me an excuse to drive my new car!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline GeoBog

• Here all the time
« Reply #34 on: 04 November 2019, 16:04 »
Some of them deliver for free. I bought my old GTI through carwow and they brought it in front of my house, gave me the keys, signed for delivery and the lady went off. Nothing was charged, the only thing was the increased mileage by 20+ miles between dealer and my house.
« Last Edit: 04 November 2019, 16:07 by GeoBog »
2020 VW T-Cross SEL
2020 Renault Megane RS Trophy 300
2012 Fiat 500 Twinair
2007 Renault Megane 2
------------------------------------------
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #35 on: 04 November 2019, 16:57 »
Some even deliver on a trailer for free, so there's only a few miles on your car when you receive it.

I bought my 2018 Polo GTI+ through DTD and it was to be a fresh order. I was then put in touch with the supplying dealership contact, who let me know about a few "in the pipeline" cars coming through that would save me a lot of waiting, As it was, there was a car that I ended up grabbing, turning an 8 month wait into a 2 month wait. The car was trailered from Listers of Nuneaton to my place of work in Newcastle. The driver of the flatbed unloaded the car into the works car park and I went over it with a fine-toothed comb while he waited. The trailering of the car was included in the DTD price.

Went the same route to get the wife's car.

In both cases, I got rid of our would-be part-exes privately.

You don't generally get a good deal both ends of the transaction - great discount on the new one? Below par p/x usually means the hassle-free cost to change can be met by your local dealer. In my case, Listers were fine about taking my Golf R as p/x, but were up front that they'd only be offering £15500 (I got £17300 selling to a performance cars company just outside York, who had it up for £20k to sell. Your average VW dealer wants 20-25% margin in your p/x.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.